Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I leave my job?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can I leave my job?  Empty Can I leave my job? Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:48 pm

teachersmeacher

Arresto Menor

I entered into a teaching contract last June 2011. Pretty stupid of me to actually sign it without questioning stuff. The directress gave us a DEADLINE to submit the contract. What was written in the contract was a 1-pager (back to back). The only clause it specifies is:
"Teacher may not be employed in any other position who's operations may be similar to that of ******** within one year of the termination of this contract. Unless a written request is submitted and subject to the discretion of the admin. and provided that the school transferred to s not within a 10km radius. Failure of this provision shall entitle ******* to damages for breach of contract.

This contract shall be in full force and effect from June 1, 2011 to March 2012 unless sooner terminated by either party for just cause.

Agreed salary is 9800.

Then in the back, it gives the just causes for termination by the employer.

My issues are:
1. I am not happy with the system of the school. My salary is always late.
2. One of the reasons for termination by employer is not abiding by the rules and regulations of the school -- we weren't given a formal teachers handbook. When we requested for one last week, directress said it was still being made.
3. The directress' husband sort of insulted a program I wanted to offer their preschool.
4. They gave me no paid leaves, policy daw for new teachers. I asked the old teachers (who were new last year), they said they got 6 paid leaves.

Please answer my questions:
1. If I resign, I do understand I am breaching the contract. How much are the damages? (remember, no bond was mentioned or anything about resigning)
2. Can a contract push for a teacher to not teach for a year? Isn't that kind of harsh?
3. Is the contract one-sided? (Shouldn't they mention teacher's reasons for resignation too? etc.)
4. What reason can I give for me to resign without being pursued by them? Since they are doing something wrong too...
5.Since I was given a deadline to sign the contract, can you say that I was pressured to sign it?

Hope you can answer my questions thanks!

2Can I leave my job?  Empty Re: Can I leave my job? Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:25 am

attyLLL

you can resign by giving 30 day notice. you don't have to give a reason. there should be no damages because it is a right under the labor code and you did not agree to any penalty.

in my opinion, the non-compete clause is enforceable, but they will have to file a case to enforce it. you can also argue that you can get a job outside the 10 km ban.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Can I leave my job?  Empty Re: Can I leave my job? Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:35 pm

teachersmeacher

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your advice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum