Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barangay Protection Order

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Barangay Protection Order Empty Barangay Protection Order Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:27 pm

cinderella

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon. On 14 July 2011, I applied for barangay protection order (BPO) in our barangay hall (Barangay Barangka Drive, Mandaluyong City). This is because my husband (who I have been separated from for the past 13 years) has been causing emotional and mental distress to our eldest daughter who is seventeen years old. I filed for BPO because my husband has a tendency to be physically violent and there had been an incident in the past where he took our eldest daughter without my permission and did not return her to me for one week. My daughter goes to a private university in Manila and I have been bringing her and fetching her to school for the past two weeks because of fear that my husband will take her away from me again. I filed for annulment in 2002 but my petition was denied by the court. I had been a victim of domestic violence, as well as verbal and emotional abuse. Since my husband lives in Makati City, our barangay asked for the help of the staff of brgy olympia in Makati to serve the BPO to my husband. Until now, the BPO has not yet been served because according the brgy olympia staff, their gate is always closed and no one opens it every time they go there. I have been following up the two barangays for two weeks now to ask for the status of the BPO but no one can give me a clear answer. Also, when I called brgy olympia today, I found out that they have already returned the original copy of the BPO to my barangay because they could not deliver it personally to my husband. Under Sec 14 of RA 9262 Anti-violence against women and children, a Punong Barangay who receives applications for a BPO shall issue the protection order to the applicant on the date of filing after ex parte determination of the basis of the application. Section 30(a) also says that barangay officials and law enforcers shall respond immediately to a call for help or request for assistance or protection of the victim . I have been absent from work for two weeks now because I want to ensure the safety of my daughters. The BPO should be served to my husband the soonest possible time. Would be grateful for your reply.

2Barangay Protection Order Empty Re: Barangay Protection Order Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:20 pm

attyLLL

send a certified true copy by courier and by mail. even if this is not within the rules, you can say he was notified, and it may deter him from doing something else.

if it's true that there is no one who answers the gate then that is pretty much the extent of what they can do to serve the order.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Barangay Protection Order Empty BPO Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 am

cinderella

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your advice. I also plan to file a permanent protection order. How long does it usually take to get a PPO? How long is its validity?

4Barangay Protection Order Empty Re: Barangay Protection Order Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:05 pm

attyLLL

the fist step to a PPO is a temporary protection order which is good for 30 days and may be extended.

permanent PO is valid until the court recalls it.

what did your husband try to do to your daughter?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum