Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need advice/help regarding a freelance transaction/payment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

castertroy

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I am a freelance web designer, I had a client whom I had a website designed, we had a signed contract that depicts the amount, project dates, copyrights,payment details etc. (ill send the contract DL link if asked)

I had the site completed and they paid full. Then they required me to do the updates and additional pages for them, we transact via email regarding this.

Once finished I asked for the payment, then they acted strange - making false accusations against me like "sabotaging their website" which I did not do and the IP Logs and the 3rd party Web hosting company also can prove. When ever the website is down I get harsh SMS, insults and threats of them going to NBI. I always emailed them back and talk to them respectfully (i have the email records), telling them what went wrong and giving solutions and saying its beyond my control since I am not the web hosting. I even forward them the server-down notifications.

But it came to the point when I feel that they are hostaging their payments to me by doing that. Its been 2 months I still haven't got paid.

I reminded them that they are the one who owes payment, not me. And why are they so hesitant to file charges against me without even a solid proof. I am the one who's being taken advantage of, I am the one being patient waiting to get paid.

They demanded the full ownership and copyright of the website and the entire content or I won't get paid, which I read is not possible and I informed them this - IPL PART IV
THE LAW ON COPYRIGHT CHAPTER VI
OWNERSHIP OF COPYRIGHT
SEC. 178.4 Rules on Copyright Ownership
and the scripts I used are all under Creative Commons Copyright Attribution 3.0 Philippines (CC BY 3.0),

Yesterday they texted that they will settle the payment. Its odd because its not the usual place we go to a meeting, I have watched dozens of Crime reality shows and CSI that I notice its a sort of s set-up place.

I emailed them that I'll send them a draft of the documents they needed to sign from me (project clearances) and they must send the documents they prepared for me to sign before settling in a table. But until now I haven't got any.

How do I do this? I have a family to feed. They are holding their payment until I sign what they want me. And they want to ruin my 10 year clean reputation too.. Please advice and help, the stress alone already taken the toll on my health.

Salamat po ng marami

castertroy

Arresto Menor

I SMS them that I won't get into any meetings with them until a lawyer read the draft of the documents they want me to sign and have it notarized.. Tama po ba? ang kaso po, tatagal na naman po yung pagbabayad nila sa akin... They SMS dn po now na try to call NBI they already filled a complain against me, pupuntahan daw nila ako sa bahay pag hindi nag kaayos, Bakit po ganun? May kaso nga po akong sinampa sa NBI last April pa (Illegal recruitment) naka pang biktima na naman ng 3 yung tao, hanggang ngayon wala pang subpoena.. bakit yung sa akin parang mabilis naman kung totoo yung SMS nila....

attyLLL

what kind of company is this? they act like a collection agency.

i suggest you do verify if there is a case filed against you at the nbi.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum