Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 Marriages in Children's Birth Certificates

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jzsarina

Arresto Menor

Hi All,

My parents have 3 children, me being the youngest. My older siblings were born before my parents got married on June 1984. My birth certificate shows the real date of marriage while my older siblings' birth certificates show a fake/incorrect date of marriage which is September 1979. My parents told me that they did that so that my older siblings won't be declared illegitimate. Problem is, the date of marriage included in my older siblings didn't match mine and on my parent's marriage certificate.

What could be the best way to fix this? My sister is now in US and will process my parent's petition anytime soon and we anticipated that this could be a problem. I can't seem to find any similar case in this forum.

Any help will be truly appreciated.

attyLLL

your sister will have to file a petition for correction of her birth certificate

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

jzsarina

Arresto Menor

Thanks attyLLL! really appreciate it.

Oh, and one more thing. I hope you don't mind me asking follow up questions.

Can my mother do that on her behalf? And since my brother has a similar case, can it be done with one petition at all or should it be separated?

attyLLL

he has to have a separate petition, but the cases can be consolidated. i believe she can be represented by her sister, but she may as well verify her petition herself before the philippine consulate along with the SPA

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum