Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paypal Chargeback Scam

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Paypal Chargeback Scam Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:17 am

household03

Arresto Menor

I don't know if I am the first victim here in our country, but I hope this would serve as a warning to our fellow Kababayans. Always and always do your homework! Do background check, don't always trust and be extra careful.

Hi ATTY:

I would like to ask for advice, I am an online freelancer and I do my work online, like via Virtual Admin assistant. A few months back, I recently been scammed as so called Paypal Chargeback Scheme which I recently have learned about. As you may have known Paypal is like an online fund processor who handles and processes electronic or virtual funds which a buyer/seller can link their Credit Card/Debit Card/Bank Acct in the site.

As I have been searching for work/projects online, I have stumbled on an employer who happens to be in Russia offering a project as Customer Manager who will use your Paypal (not access) to process their "payments". They offer a too good to be true deal which I in turn been hooked to this offer. I was not aware of how Paypal works that time and just would like to go on with the project, I was thinking that it is like a one of a lifetime project.

The company, offers you a project which then you are in charge of processing their "customers" payments (via Paypal) and sending them thru western union. You act as a middle man. There were two parties, first the original "seller" (RUS) and the buyer "payee" (US). The seller, forces you to withdraw the amount and send it to thru. Payment range from 500-$10,000 in my case I receive $6,000. That I thought that it was "company" money and obliged to send it on his instructions. (we communicate only via email). In short, I successfully withdrawn and send it to western union. A week or two passed, the "buyer" filed a dispute on Paypal issuing that he never received the item. This is where I got the shock of my life. I am not aware of the "item" nor aware of any transaction between the "seller" and the "buyer" that is why when the "buyer" filed a dispute case on Paypal, I loss and I have nothing to prove as evidence that a shipment was made or what ever to that sense. All I have is my email trail with the "fraud employer". I tried sending this trail to paypal and stated my case but Paypal did not respond and turn in favor of the buyer. The "seller" did not respond to any email I send and never contacted me. This transaction just happened once.

Now, I am jobless, have a family and wife to support, owing Paypal $6k which I believe is very unfair, and broken down to my knees of what will I do as I am mentally and emotionally stressed with my sitution.

I would deeply appreciate any advice and thank you so much in advance for the advices.

Thanks and God bless

2Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:42 am

rovie

Arresto Menor

I previously work for PayPal and this is a fraud transaction.. The problem here is that since you own the account and there is a bank account attached to it, you will be held liable to pay the 6k dollars since the payment is legit and you were able to withdraw it. We encountered alot of fraud issues before , people sending item to Nigeria, like laptops, jewelry and other high end items but not getting any payment because the buyer is a fraud. Same as with your situation where you become the middleman. I bet they told you that they cannot open a PayPal account in their country thats why they need someone else.. I guess you really need a lawyer to help you sort things out because the buyer will really come after you..

3Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:56 am

household03

Arresto Menor

bump

4Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:44 pm

attyLLL

if you don't pay, then paypal will have to file a case against you to collect. in a civil case, i would say they have a good chance of winning against you.

to protect yourself from a criminal case, i recommend you file a complaint at the nbi and report everything.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:32 am

household03

Arresto Menor

Hi attyLLL

sir ask ko lang po kung panu po ako file ng complaint sa NBI? anu po ba ang magiging process. Its been bothering me for this past months now. Hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko and sobra na emotional and mental torture sa utak ko. Will I go to prison for this?

6Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:33 am

household03

Arresto Menor

Thanks for in advance sir for the help and advice.

7Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:47 am

household03

Arresto Menor

bump

8Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:54 am

household03

Arresto Menor

bump

9Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:47 pm

attyLLL

you have to personally go to nbi in manila or nearest field office. there will be staff who will assist you

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

10Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty paypal back charge sheme Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:20 pm

problematicever

Arresto Menor

household maam,

we do have the same problem on paypal payback scheme.. i was also a victim here a guy from Russia. MIne is $4,500 the same thing he did for me...i have sleepless nights.i am bothered on how to solve this ..i also work online as full time freelancer...

11Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:23 pm

problematicever

Arresto Menor

this happened to me last feb.2011...you know as a full time freelancer and having job online, i have no doubts dealing with him coz i've never thought his transaction online , on e-bay is illegal...i do not know if i can pay this $4,500...

12Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty problematicreceiver Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:10 am

household03

Arresto Menor

problematicever wrote:this happened to me last feb.2011...you know as a full time freelancer and having job online, i have no doubts dealing with him coz i've never thought his transaction online , on e-bay is illegal...i do not know if i can pay this $4,500...

kamusta,problematicever? pwede mo ba explain din ang ngyari sayo at ginawa niya? para malaman natin ang hakbang na pwede nating gawin. kailangan kumilos tayo. salamat.

13Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:37 pm

problematicever

Arresto Menor

household,

salamat at nabasa mo din iyong post ko dito..like sa nangyari sa iyo, ganoon din ginawa nya sa akin. He hired me tru online, the ok naman deal namin.ginamit nya paypal account ko para idaan iyong bayad sa isang tao na bumili ng item nya sa e-bay.i thought legal iyon dahil di naman ako nagdududa.he hired me as customer manager din. after noong naipasok iyon sa account ko, he urged me to withdraw it then i send tru western union..so he gave his address sa Russia.. then to my surprised, nag email after 2 weeks yata ang paypal na nag complain ang buyer from US na wala daw item natanggap from me at doon ako nagulat..ngayon ako ang hinahabol ng taga paypal, wala akong maipakita na receipts or anything dahil i had no direct transaction doon sa e-bay..kaya sobrang problematic ako bec. of this. i have sleepless nights, nervous dahil saan ako kukuha ng &4,500? i am also a victim here...dapat i report natin ito sa NBI dahil it's a scam at nadamay tayo..ano ba ibang hakbang gagawin natin? para ma solve at di na mabibiktima ibang kababayan natin...

14Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:13 pm

merkado

Arresto Menor

Actually, hindi po ako nascam ng russian but i could say similar lang po tayo na nagkaroon ng chargeback claim because sa akin nahack ang paypal account ko.

I am an online seller since 2008 and have an independent online store website. Since paypal is one of my major payment method and integrated siya sa shopping site ko. madali akong magkaroon ng sales at makapagwithdraw na rin.

Last July 8 2011, nahack ako and until today nakahold ang paypal account ko pati mga pending payment orders ko di ko mawithdraw. since may ginawang transaction ang hacker na more or less 20 transaction estimated USD1-250 per transaction. mahirap sa akin iyon.

Hacker used my remaining balance sa paypal and credit cards. After July 15 2011,i ask kung meron nagreflect sa akin na payment/credit from paypal sa credit card sabi namin ng customer service ng bank issuer wala naman daw pero last nagulat ako kasi may nakita akong charges last july 8 2011.

I contact Paypal via email pero sabi nila i-resolution ko daw kaso yung transaction walang option to report. I am still reading the terms of Paypal kahit na dami nanyari sa akin dahil sa paypal. nawalan ako ng pera. nag-aabono ako ng pambayad sa supplier,merchant and buyer ko at higit sa lahat nawalan ako ng nirerent na room sa quezon city.

I moved na here sa cavite at mabuti na lang nandiyan ang business partner ko to support our business. last time I tried to call NBI about this and sabi nila it is part of CYBERCIME department(correct me if I am wrong). ang gusto nila doon pumunta ka ng personal kasi madami silang narereceive ng phone call pero wala naman nagfifile ng complaint at sabi pa nga nila kung magfifile daw ako. ako daw ang kauna unahang magfifile ng case about this.

Masama ang loob ko sa hacker pero hindi ko alam kung makakaya kong magfile ng case kasi medyo alam ko naman responsibilities iyan. Breadwinner ako ng family ko at my young age, nagpapagamot ng kapatid at madami pang napending na bayarin simula yung nahack ako. I do not know na talaga...

Why I am saying this? Siguro kung magfifile kayo ng case, BETTER to do it. kasi ako wala lang talaga akong magawa sa ngayon kasi iniisip ko ang resposibility ko as a family member at nahuhulog ang puso ko kasi kahit may karapatan akong magfile ng case hindi ko magawa sa ngayon...

SANA MATULUNGAN NATIN ANG PILIPINAS, ANG BAYAN AT ANG SARILI NATIN. LALO NA NGAYON NA NAKIKITA KONG MADAMI GUSTONG GAWIN ANG GOBYERNO NATIN SA ECOMMERCE LAW AT SA NGAYON NAKIKITA KO PA LANG PURO TAX, FEES AND CHARGES. SANA MAUNA MAN NILA ANG MGA GANITONG SITWASYON.

sana makatulong ang naishare ko sa inyo.

15Paypal Chargeback Scam Empty Re: Paypal Chargeback Scam Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:45 am

household03

Arresto Menor

Thanks merkado,

Definitely, nakatulong ito lalo na sa lumalaganap na ganitong cybercrime.
Sana maging eye openner ito. I have been reading alot of paypal chargeback schemes na ginagamit nila ang system ng Paypal para makagawa ng fraud. Ilang beses na rin ako ng email sa paypal but I always get the same response, parang automated reply lang, I tried testing it pa sending the same inquiry medyo inikot ko lang pero and before I knew it, same response. Grabe talga ito, alam siguro ng mga scammers na bago ang system ng Paypal dito sa atin at wala pa tayong masaydong alam sa mga ganitong scheme, lalo ng ung chargeback na yan. Grabe para akong binuhusan ng malamig na tubig.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum