Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK????

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Empty LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:33 pm

lenzalai

lenzalai
Prision Correccional

I have a friend who received a text message from an unknown number that asked her to email right away because it's urgent.  Innocent she is, she get back to that email given and asked who it was. She received this email:

Greetings,Thank you for finding time to get back to me as I requested. You may reach me on this number: +1-315-203-3586. However, I may not pick the call if anyone is around me because of the confidentiality that needs to be maintained throughout this transaction. I contacted you through this highly secured protocol service in order to maintain the needed confidentiality. For these reasons, I want our communication to be basically through email, please. My name is Mr. Ron Hunt and I want to ask for your help in getting back the money left behind by a citizen of your country, Late Mr. Immanuel Karlo Eduardo Barredo. If this will endanger your position and reputation, I would not have contacted you. This is safe and beneficial to both of us financially. I am presently the Chief Operations Officer of our bank here in Illinois, United States of America and please do not expose this transaction for any reason. I will give you more information of myself, our bank and the transaction itself once you accept to do this with me. Late Mr. Immanuel Karlo Eduardo Barredo lived and worked in Illinois, United States of America as a real estate businessman and he deposited in our bank the sum of eight million, ninety thousand US Dollars (US$8,090,000.00) as fixed deposit for a period of two years in 2010. This deposit has matured and he has not come for it since then. We have tried to reach him and could not, his telephone number cannot be reached, emails sent to him kept bouncing back as undelivered and we never got any response from the letters posted to his residential address. This issue prompted me to carry out an independent investigation about his whereabouts and I later realized with shock that he was shot dead sometime in April 2011 by criminals who robbed them while on vacation in Mexico. In order to verify the truth of the matter, I went to Mexico and confirmed he was dead, it is a sad story for a kindhearted and generous person like him. This matter was not reported to our bank and nobody in our bank is aware of this except me. I have on my own made inquiries at your embassy here in the United States and no information of him was found. I have also checked our records, there is no information of him relating to Philippines and he did not put nominee at the time he made the deposit. All these made it impossible for me to locate any of his relatives. Since this is the issue, I want you to apply as the beneficiary of the deceased to claim the deposit from our bank since it is believed he was from Philippines according to his name. I know there are a lot of Philippines here in the United States of America, but it is only someone in Philippines that can successfully make this claim because of the way our bank works. It does not matter whether you knew him or not, it does not matter if you have any kind of relationship with him or not, I will guide you all the way to make this claim. It is not a matter of being greedy or having bad morals, it is not the best to leave the money to eventually end up in the hands of few corrupt government officials while we have the opportunity live better with it. This transaction is a risk free transaction and as the Chief Operations Officer of our bank, the final approval of your application will be done by me. Once I approve it, you will have the right to claim the money. We will share the money into two equal parts (50:50) for each of us when the claim is made. Everything will be done successfully and legally, have no fear about this. Right now, I have all the copies of documents relating to the deposit he made that you will file to back up this claim. All I require is your sincerity and honest cooperation to enable us make this claim successfully and we have to do this within shortest time possible because the money will be reverted to the Treasury Department account if not claimed now. If you are willing to do this with me, write back and I shall inform you on what next to do to make sure you receive the money. I am waiting for your consent in order to move to the next step towards getting the money. Thank you. 

This friend of mine is currently in a financial crisi and was hopeless for good luck Smile so she replied to this email by confirming.

I am not convince by this kind of email but for a friend in despair of fortune, she think this is possible...can this be true???  Smile

2LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Empty It is a scam. Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:53 pm

lenadunst

Arresto Menor

Please do not believe in this. It is a scam. My colleague received the text message and replied to the email too. This is just a scam.

3LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Empty Re: LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:12 pm

lenzalai

lenzalai
Prision Correccional

[quote="lenadunst"]Please do not believe in this. It is a scam. My colleague received the text message and replied to the email too. This is just a scam.[/quote

Thanks; ) ]

4LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Empty HI Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:53 pm

Celoy

Arresto Menor

Hi I did received this message too. Did your friend reach that part where the person sent the format of the letter to be sent as an application as well as the certificates needed by the bank?

I have a big feeling that this is a scam from the beginning but i said as long as i dont provide any information I would be fine

5LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Empty Re: LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:11 pm

lenzalai

lenzalai
Prision Correccional

yeah..but she did not proceed with the step wherein she was asked for a bank account...

It's a prank! Very Happy

6LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Empty Re: LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:03 am

elle_beauty

Arresto Menor

it is a prank.. after you give any details of. you. such as name workplace etc sunod na mag email sayo kunwari fbi or cia at sabihin part ka ng isang sindikato tatakutin ka na magpadala ka ng pera kundi ipahuhuli ka nila .. may nag email na niyan sakin e nireplayan ng asawa ko kasi. nasilaw sa pera hahaha.. yun ngatog tuhod niya sabi ko wag na lang niya replayan ... wala naman nnangyari sa kanya

7LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Empty Re: LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:52 pm

Celoy

Arresto Menor

tongue awtsu!ganun pala yun haha..prang totoo ah..

8LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Empty Re: LEGIT ??? OR REAL PRANK???? Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:44 pm

ktm728

Arresto Menor

Somebody PM'd me here and its quite the same..

From Mrs Joyce Philip

My name is Mrs Joyce Philip I was born in Kuwait. I am married to Mr. Joshua Philip who worked with Kuwait embassy in TOGO for nine years before
he died in the year 2013 We were married for eleven years without a child When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of $4 Million in a Bank
here in TOGO And Recently, My Doctor told me that I would not last for the next six months due to my cancer problem (cancer and stroke)presently this
money is still in the Bank. Having known my condition I am in need of a Hear ted Individual that i will utilize this fund the way I am going to instruct he or her I want somebody that will use this fund according to the
desire of my late husband to help the poor people, orphanages widows I took this decision because I don't have any child that will inherit this fund. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the Bank in
TOGO I will also issue you an authorization letter that will prove you the present beneficiary of this fund. You can contact me with this

Alternative Email j_philip@terra.com

May GOD Bless you

Mrs Joyce Philip

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum