Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

pls help po. wrong age in marriage certificate.

+3
awramarya
attyLLL
ajmalufet
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ajmalufet

Arresto Menor

Good day Sir/Ma'am

Iv'e seen in our marriage certificate the age of my wife is wrong. We were married when she was at age of 21 but the age on our marriage certificate was 20. Can i use it as a ground for annulment or is it void? and other thing that the address she use is not the address she was, it has no number and it is not specific. Thanks and more power!

Rob

attyLLL

neither the age or the address is a basis for annulment.

here are the grounds: http://www.pinoylawyer.org/t4792-grounds-for-annulment-declaration-of-nullity-legal-separation-and-separatio-of-property

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

ajmalufet

Arresto Menor

Thanks Attorney! The address is not specific it has no house number the address is "Carsadang Bago, Imus Cavite". Is it void? How about the marriage license? I haven't seen our marriage license even once because we just pay for it. We didn't attend any seminars regarding in marriage. I just want to make sure if the marriage license exist and it is legal. Where can i have a copy of our marriage license? Thanks again! Have a nice day!

Last edited by ajmalufet on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot some questions)

attyLLL

the address is a non-issue.

look at your marriage certificate. does it say the marriage license number and where it was issued? you can get a copy at the civil registrar where the certificate was filed.

ajmalufet

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much attorney! May God bless you always.

awramarya

Arresto Menor

Hi, I am 28y/o and newly married. We just got our marriage certificate 2 days ago when I realized that my age on the marriage certificate was 27. I was 27 when I applied for the Marriage License which they probably used as basis for the Marriage Certificate, but then my actual age at the time of marriage was 28. The birth date indicated though is correct.

Please advise po if it would still be necessary to correct the age in the marriage certificate even if the birth date indicated is correct. Could that be considered clerical error? How do I process the request for correction.

Thank you

attyLLL

i don't think it's necessary, but to correct it, you can file a petition at the local civil registrar under ra 9048

awramarya

Arresto Menor

Thanks Atty! God Bless

daddilemna

Arresto Menor

Hi attorney, sa marriage certificate po namin ng asawa ko ung gamit nia na pangalan ngayon. Meron siyang birth certificate para sa gamit nia na pangalan. Pero sa NSO wala ang pangalan niya dun. Iba ang pangalan niya sa NSO. Ipinaalam niya sa akin mali ang pangalan niya after 2 years na ng marriage namin. Hiningan niya ako noon ng pera para ipaayos yon. Ngayon nagkaproblema nga kami dahil sa ibang niyang lalaki. Maari k po bang gamitin yon para ma-void ang kasal namin?

complicated.life

Arresto Menor

1. pano naman po atty kung nagpakasal na walang birth certificate? pinanganak sa bahay, unregistered as in walang kopya sa NSO? void or voidable?

2. pwede pa po bang kukuha ng birth certificate, kahit 40 years old na? pano po?

attyLLL

dad, complicated those are not bases for annulment.

complicated, yes, through late registration

bibi_marim

Arresto Menor

Goodpm! I need some help regarding my marriage contract. We got married on oct 15 2011. And I was born on oct 28. At the time of my wedding I was still 29. But we register our marriage on feb 24 2012. And I was 30 then. Now the problem is my age is wrong. Do I need to have it corrected? Coz me and my daughter are going to Egypt soon. I'm afraid i will encounter some problems when we try to get the visa.
Hoping someone here can give me advice. Thanks.

Last edited by bibi_marim on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Kyle13

Arresto Menor

Hi atty. good afternoon, as ko lang po if may ground po ba ng annulment kapag magkaiba yung actual na date sa marriage certificate versus sa actual marraige date? Marriage date sa cerificate is October 28, 2006 pero yung actual date of marriage is October 2005.

Maraming Salamat po...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum