Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DM no. 291 s. 2008

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DM no. 291 s. 2008 Empty DM no. 291 s. 2008 Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:28 pm

ernanifernandez

Arresto Menor

Good day!

Please help me in interpreting the DM no. 291 s. 2008 which is regarding the teaching load of the public school teacher. As stated, the teacher will only have 6 hours actual classroom teaching and the remaining 2 hours will be spent for teaching related activities.

It also states that all advisorship and/or special assignments for the entire school year must be counted one teaching load.

But some of the school heads have different interpretation to this. Because according to them, the 6 hours teaching load is the actual teaching load and does not include the special assignments or advisorship. This really makes me confuse, because as a public school teacher I want to claim for a fee with regards to overload payment.

At this moment this is my daily teaching load:

Monday 360 minutes
Tuesday 300 minutes
Wednesday 360 minutes
Thursday 300 minutes
Friday 240 minutes

Total 1,560 minutes

-----------------

In the computation, my special assignment which is the IT Coordinator is not included. In which, I handle the computer laboratory and the adviser of a fourth year class.

With that, correct me if i'm wrong but I added 60 minutes a day... 300 minutes a week, as stated in the memorandum that special assignment is considered as 1 teaching load.

In that case, since I have two special assignments, I will have an additional of 600 minutes teaching load for it.

So to compute,

1,560 minutes actual classroom teaching
600 minutes load for special assignments
------
2,160 TOTAL TEACHING LOAD

----------------------------

I would like to ask for your legal advice on this matter.

Thank you and God bless.

2DM no. 291 s. 2008 Empty Re: DM no. 291 s. 2008 Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:00 pm

attyLLL

very specific, best to inquire at the decs

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3DM no. 291 s. 2008 Empty Re: DM no. 291 s. 2008 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:58 pm

ernanifernandez

Arresto Menor

iyon nga po kaso ang nangyayari iba ang pinapa implement nila.. kasi nga they interpreted it ng sa sarili nila...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum