Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

30 days suspension

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

130 days suspension Empty 30 days suspension Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:21 am

miltonking68

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

Question lang po. I've been working for more than 1 year in a BPO and was suspended for 30 days due to internet browsing. The official case filed against me is: Unauthorized download, upload or saving of executable files, such as Mozilla Firefox and similar non-standard ********** browsers, SWF players and the likes. - as per our handbook.
* is the name of our company.
Atty. below po is a copy of our handbook:

WORKSTATIONS, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, E-MAIL, INTERNET and other ELECTRONIC DEVICES

Computers and electronic information are essential tools that support our business. We all must use technology appropriately, with our Core value in mind for business purposed only. Although we may occasionally use company technology for non-business, we must make sure that the use is not unreasonable and does not interfere with performance of employment responsibilities, and such use must always be in accordance with ********** policies.
Keep in mind that if ********** had provided you with desktops/laptop, mobile phones, fax, voicemail, mobile messaging or other portable technology, your obligation to use that technology appropriately and in accordance with Company policies does not change when you are travelling or after business hours. All ****** policies on technology always apply to ***** owned and issued equipment, regardless of the time of the day or location.
Lastly, we must compose e-mal, instant messages and text messages with the same care we would take in composing any other ****** document. Electronic messages, both personal and business related, are lasting and recoverable written records and can easily be copied and forwarded worldwide without your knowledge or consent. We should not use *****’s computer systems at any time, during business hours or otherwise, to advance personal or political views, communicate jokes, make inappropriate, sexually explicit or offensive statements, view sexually explicit or offensive materials, send unauthorized solicitations or chain e-mails, or conduct business for another organization.
Violations will be severely punished as follows:

23. Unauthorized download, upload or saving of executable files, such as Mozilla Firefox and similar non-standard *** browsers, SWF players and the likes.
1st : D

Atty. Hindi ko po naviolate yang ikinaso nila sakin, wala po akong download or upload at hindi din ako gumamit ng Mozilla. IE yung default browser namin. And I was caught browsing on forums that discuss health management. Sir may nakasulat din po sa itaas na “Although we may occasionally use company technology for non-business, we must make sure that the use is not unreasonable and does not interfere with performance of employment responsibilities, and such use must always be in accordance with ********** policies.” Atty. I’m a consistent performer po dun sa company. Mataas po lahat ng scorecards ko at hindi ko po napapabayaan ang mga responsibilidad ko. Dismissal po yung penalty nung ikinaso nila sakin eh pero ginawa nalang nilang 30 days suspension. Pero para sakin po eh mabigat na parusa pa din dahil wala naman po talaga akong na-violate na policy. Gusto ko din pong idagdag na ang nagkaso sakin eh yung manager ko na may sama ng loob sakin dahil number 1 critique nya ko at nabibiktima ako ng pulitika. Personally, I think he is an idiot. Magaling po siya sa technical na aspeto ng aming trabaho pero pagdating sa pag-manage eh hilaw pa kumbaga. Inireklamo ko po kase sya minsan ng hindi nya sundin ang isa sa aming policy na maaring ikinagalit nya at nagtulak sa kanya upang suspendihin ako.
Sana po ay mapayuhan nyo ako at kung may laban po ang kaso ko ay balak kog magfile ng demanda. Ang record po kase na suspension sa aming companya ay tumatagal ng isang taon. At hindi po ako maaring makapag-apply ng promotion hanggat hindi pa nalilinis ang aking record.
Salamat po.

230 days suspension Empty Re: 30 days suspension Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:16 pm

attyLLL

if you wish to question the suspension, i recommend you write an email to higher management first.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum