Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

A MAN FACING A BIGAMY CASE THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN CONVERT TO ISLAM

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

roj

Arresto Menor

Hi AttyLLL,

Good day to you!

There is no case filed yet under bigamy but there is already 2 marriage recorded and registered in NSO last 2010. The the 1st wife just recently knew that his husband converted to Islam last MAY 2011. But prior to the conversion of religion he knew that his be facing a case. Can still the 1st wife file the bigamy case against his husband eventhough he already converted to islam? Appreciate for your immediate responds. Thanks

attyLLL

interesting question, but i am not an expert in sharia law. i recommend that the wife still file the case and leave it to the husband to claim his conversion as defense.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

roj

Arresto Menor

Thanks AttyLLL for the response!

The wife is very willing to file the case against his husband. Atleast there is still a chance.

roj

Arresto Menor

roj wrote:Thanks AttyLLL for the response!

The wife is very willing to file the case against his husband. Atleast there is still a chance.

The husband sent the documents of his conversion to islam and their marriage certificate of his 2nd wife (photocopy). Do have any idea attyLLL if my laban pa rin ba yung 1st wife against sa husband?

attyLLL

it is not possible to say without seeing those docs and reviewing the entire case, but if you say he was not a muslim before he got married, then the wife can still file her case, and hopefully it will prosper.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

roj

Arresto Menor

ok AttyLLL thanks!

The wife might as well consult a lawyer regarding this case so that she could present the documents.

lOst_StuDent

Prision Correccional

I believe that the husband is still liable for bigamy.

Maglulupa

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:it is not possible to say without seeing those docs and reviewing the entire case, but if you say he was not a muslim before he got married, then the wife can still file her case, and hopefully it will prosper.

Good point attyLLL

@roj
Yes you can still file case, Marriage in Islam are not solution for men's problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum