Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Questions on unlawful use of Father's surname

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

syousdraven

Arresto Menor

Hi,

Just a few questions:

If I have an authenticated NSO birth certificate (late registered in 1988 but I was born 1982) with my name using my father's surname, however, my parents were not married and it does not have his signature on the back and I don't have any proof of his acknowledgement of me.

1. What could be the possible legal consequences if I continue to use his surname?

2. Will I ever get imprisoned or fined because of this?

2. Does anyone know how much it will take to change my surname legally? Will it take more than Php20,000.00 for all the court requirements, processing fees and stuff? I just need to know, in order for me to assess and prepare for it.

I'd appreciate your advice and Thanks in advance.

rchrd

rchrd

1. Is anyone questioning the entries in your B.C.?
-If none, you do not have to cause the correction.
-If anyone is questioning your BC, they should be the one to file
the proper case, not you.

2. You have no fault in using your father's surname. The lack of marriage of your parents, or lack of your father's signature are not of your fault.

3. Legal consequences: Your prolonged, public, and continued use of your father's surname with the knowlege of your father may be considered as proof of your filation to him.

Last edited by rchrd on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted extra words)

attyLLL

is your father still alive? i recommend you ask him to execute an authority to use surname.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

aiquejael

Arresto Menor

gud pm just wanted to ask i can registered my daughter's birth certificate in civil registar without the father signature??is it really important???i gave birth last april and still waiting for the father of my baby to sign it but he dont know yet when he is coming here in phil..the father of my baby is american?does his signature realy needed and what is the requirement?my daughter is using her father's last name though.. godbless and hope u can help me..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum