Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Agrarian Reform and right to retention

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Agrarian Reform and right to retention Empty Agrarian Reform and right to retention Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:40 am

rudynlyds

Arresto Menor

My Filipina wife owns 5.7 ha of unirrigated land with no tenant. We have significantly improved this land by planting hundreds of mangosteen and banana.

My wife is thinking about applying for the "right to retain" the 5.7ha even thugh we have never been contacted by the DAR about it.

My question is: Is it possible to retain 5.7 ha when the law states the maximum retention is 5ha? If not, is itpossible to give the excess .7ha to a relative?

TYhank you.

2Agrarian Reform and right to retention Empty Re: Agrarian Reform and right to retention Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 am

TiagoMontiero

Prision Correccional

Just wait for the DAR to contact you, it is possible that the reason why the said agency did not contact you as of today is because there is only around .7 excess in the land. Nonetheless, you could also donate the property to a relative, that is possible considering that you have no tenant-farmers on the land.

rudynlyds

Arresto Menor

Yes, you have answered my question. Thank you for your clear and quick reply.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum