Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

facebook private message as evidence?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1facebook private message as evidence? Empty facebook private message as evidence? Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:25 pm

Gyro29

Arresto Menor

Good day,

i would like to ask if personal messages in facebook are acceptable as evidence?

attyLLL

yes, it can be under the elctronic evidence rule, and if you are either the recipient or sender.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3facebook private message as evidence? Empty Re: facebook private message as evidence? Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:27 am

Gyro29

Arresto Menor

thank you atty for your reply.
I'm planning to use the facebook exchanges and cellphone text messages we had as evidence for estafa but some people i asked for advise said that i may still have to prove that the facebook account that she used is really hers especially since she deleted her account already.Before she deleted it though, i saved snapshots of our exchanges as well as the emails automatically routed to my yahooaccount . They said that i would still need an IT expert to really prove that it was hers in the first place.Is this true atty?

attyLLL

there are ways to authenticate under the electronic evidence rule. those forwarded messages to your yahoo account will be good evidence.

it is when she denies that she owns the account where it can be difficult. what you can show is that the account has been long standing and other people will attest that it is her account.

Gyro29

Arresto Menor

thank you atty

Gyro29

Arresto Menor

atty,

from the response of the other party to our demand letter, it seems that they are not contesting the authenticity of our conversations through facebook.

However atty, the reason for our intent to file a case against them is that they sold us a designer travelling bag that was an obvious fake which they adamantly maintain to be real.
They told us that for the item to be considered fake, we must have a certification from the manufacturer that it really is not real. We believe that they are letting us run into a dead end because when we went to the item's only outlet in the Philippines ,the manufacturer said that they do not issue certifications of authenticity or non-authenticity especially if it wasn't purchased from them.
Instead of getting a certification from the manufacturer, can we ask the DTI for help to ask this manufacturer to issue a criteria as to what makes an item real? with this we hope to point out the glaring differences between what should be present and what is actually found in the item.

7facebook private message as evidence? Empty Re: facebook private message as evidence? Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:01 am

attyLLL

try to write an email to the company which makes the bags and report what the local outlet told you and request for a certification.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum