Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child Support

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Child Support Empty Child Support Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:41 am

Spoutcandy0702

Arresto Menor

Hello, I really need advice in this. I have a son who is now 8 years old to a seafarer and not married to his father. When I was pregnant the line of communication was still open but he never gave moral nor financial support. He even denied that he is and was the father of my baby.But he said he will support his education but now, my son is already in Grade 2 and got nothing nor hear from him. He can't support us that time because his sister was still studying and the bread-winner of his family. Knowing that he got a job but his family wanted to keep it secret which agency he was connected with. I was 27 years old and he was 26 years old when we had the kid.

I came to know a year ago that he was married, meaning he is now capable of supporting a family and maybe my son too, right?

I need some advice on the steps to take. I want my son to have the due support that he deserves. What shall I do?

2Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:53 pm

attyLLL

he did not sign the birth certificate of the child? your first challenge will be to establish the filiation with the child.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Child Support Empty Child Support Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Spoutcandy0702

Arresto Menor

Unfortunately, he did not because during the time i gave birth I don't know where he was and he was nowhere to be found. Until he let me know his existence 2 mos. after i gave birth. All sms were gone cos i change my number already. He was their at the baptism of my son in their place. His parents and siblings recognize my child.

Please let me know where do i start. I want him to do his obligation/s to our child after all these years knowing that he is capable of supporting my son.

Thank you in advance.

4Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:27 am

Anonymous_Again

Arresto Menor

Hi, Goodmorning. My husband and I were separated for 7 years. We have 3 kids. for that 7 years he is not supporting them. He rarely visits our children. I am working in Manila. I go home to province every weekend.(we are living with my inlaws-they also despise what their son did to us.)My husband, as far as i know,has 1 kid with his mistress. But my mother in law said that he ahs 2 kids already. My husband and I talked about his financial support to our kids. I even told him that he can do an audit whenever he feels to. But he never did what he had promised. My question is, can I call his company and ask if they can deduct money from my husband's payroll and deposit it to my account? I am willing to sit with them together with my husband. I am not going to hide this from my husband. All i want is his financial support. His parents, siblings, relatives want me to this too. I want to seek advice first before I do action. I am tied up and I want to give my kids a better future even if they are part of a broken family. Please help me. ANy suggestion will do. BTW, the other woman's family has a high profile(maybe not that rich) but has money, unlike me. Sad

5Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:55 pm

attyLLL

spout, i recommend you begin by talking to his relatives, then sending a demand letter. if that doesn't work, you may have a hard time because he did not sign the birt certificate, so you'll have to file a court petition for filiation. or you can take the chance of filing a criminal complaint, but you'll have to count on him acknowledging the child.

6Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:59 pm

attyLLL

anonymous, i suggest you mention to him that you might go to his employer, but actually doing it is hardly ever something i would recommend to a client. at most i'd check if the company has a morality clause in its disciplinary code. if not handled properly, you might become vulnerable to slander or libel.

i recommend you send a demand letter to him, then initiate a complaint for economic abuse under ra 9262.

7Child Support Empty Thanks, atty. Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:20 am

Spoutcandy0702

Arresto Menor

Thank you those words and i'll do what i have to and start talking with his relatives. I will keep you posted of whatever is going on.

Thanks again. :-)

8Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Spoutcandy0702

Arresto Menor

i did try to message the father of my son and send a message to his sister but never heard from them. Should i send a demand letter then from a lawyer?

9Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:10 am

attyLLL

that would be a good next step.

10Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Spoutcandy0702

Arresto Menor

Atty.,
I really wanted to send a demand letter to this man, the earlier the better however, I am out of the country and i don't know where to start in doing this matter? Pls advise.

11Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:10 pm

attyLLL

have it sent by a relative here. or hire a lawyer to do it.

12Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:34 pm

iya@31

Arresto Menor

Atty. Pag nag file po ako ng petition for support kakailanganin pong ipakita ang birth certificate ng mga bata? 3 ang anak nmin at sa 1st and 2nd child sya ang naka pirma pero sa youngest po ay ako lang dahil nasa Japan sya ng manganak ako. Ang problema ko po kasi sa Birth Certificate ay fake po talaga ang date of marriage kasi hindi po kmi kasal pero sa ngayon ay Apelyido nya ang gamit ng mga anak nmin. Magiging cause po kaya ito para di ako niya i grant ang request ko para sa mga bata?

13Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:51 pm

attyLLL

i do not believe the court will deny your petition

14Child Support Empty Re: Child Support Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:48 pm

iya@31

Arresto Menor

Thank you Atty. May isa nalang po akong tanong. I am currently working and my income is just enough for our daily needs. My kids live with my parents in Bulacan pero pag off ko po ay nandun din ako para asikasuhin sila. Nag aaral ang 3 anak nmin sa isang Public school. Sa PAO po ba sa munisipyo nmin ako pwede lumapit para maka pag file ng petiton for support? wala rin kasi akong pambabayad ng Abogado. Hindi ko rin alam kung san sya nakatira sa ngayon pero alam ko po kung sang Hotel sya nagta trabaho. May kontak ako sa Nanay nya pero pag sinusubukan ko ng itanong kung saan nagta trabaho ay sinasabi nilang hindi nila alam pati Address ng bahay. Maayos naman kming nakakapag usap ng nanay nya at alam din nya ang hinaing ko hindi constant ang communication nmin at matagal na yung huling beses na nagkita kmi. Sa address po ba ng Nanay nya ko ipapadala ang letter kung sakali? saka ano po ba pwedeng mangyari or grounds ng tatay ng mga anak ko kung dedmahin nya ang demand letter? Atty. matalino ang anak nming panganay consistent 1st honor sya currently Grade 4 kaya gusto ko sana na mapakag aral sya sa private school pag nag high school sya.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum