Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it Valid or Invalid

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is it Valid or Invalid Empty Is it Valid or Invalid Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Baja_mhond2010

Arresto Menor

Our marriage was conducted by a minister with an expired LICENSE to conduct marriage... however the license was edited and our papers are submitted to CIVIL SERVICE OFFICE and marked as late registered... Is our marriage VALID or INVALID? and if i decided to get separate with my wife do i still have to an annulment or just review the documents submitted and invalidate it?

Thank you and hoping for your reply...

2Is it Valid or Invalid Empty Re: Is it Valid or Invalid Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:54 pm

rchrd

rchrd

your marriage is perfectly valid. I believe that at the time you and your wife stood in front of him during the solemnization, you and your wife both believed that the minister had authority to do that.

The expired license of the minister or the late registration do not affect the validity of your marriage my friend. You just have to do your best to make the best out of your marriage.

annulment, declaration of nullity, presumption of death of a missing spouse - all of them cannot be left for the determination of the parties or anyone. A marriage is presumed valid and it is only the court that has jurisdiction (power to hear, decide and judge) to declare otherwise.

Please think hard before attempting to leave your existing marriage only because it seems better to be with another partner. There is no guarantee that the second marriage will be better than the first. I HOPE I HELPED.

3Is it Valid or Invalid Empty Re: Is it Valid or Invalid Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Baja_mhond2010

Arresto Menor

Gud day Sir thank you for the reply

Even if the license of the minister is expired during filing and marriage ceremony?... still the marriage is valid...?

4Is it Valid or Invalid Empty Re: Is it Valid or Invalid Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:11 pm

rchrd

rchrd

Even if the license of the minister is expired during filing and marriage ceremony?... still the marriage is valid...?

SO SORRY FOR THE VERY LATE REPLY. I gave an answer before but did not check that it was not sent.

Yes. The marriage is still valid. The expired license does not affect the validity of the marriage of the couple who honestly believed during the solemnization that the officer had authority. The only effect would be an administrative liability of the solemnizing officer that could disqualify him from a renewal of his license in the future.
God bless you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum