Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

birth day is different between NSO birt cert and Municipal Birt cert

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

a nonymous

Arresto Menor

My husband has two birthdays apparently.

His mother registered him as "late registration" through NSO using January 13, 1978 and is now recognized in NSO documents.

However, his real birth date is January 13, 1976 which is reflected in his Municipal birth certificate. This is also the birthdate he is using ever since and this is the same birth date reflected in our Marriage Contract (we used his municipal birth certificate when we filed for our marriage contract

To add to complexity, the place of birth in the NSO late registration is also different (reflected as Calamba, Laguna) while in the municipal birth cert it is Mandaluyong Manila.

We want to file for his passport but could not do so yet as we are in dilemma which birth date to use for him. Our DFA appointment is scheduled on Aug 2 2011.

Questions:
1. How can we change the record of NSO to reflect the real birthdate and birth palce specified in the municipal records (copy of the original municipal record is with us, stamped and sealed by the municipal office. who do we do go to? which public office to contact?
2. will the process of changing the record allow us to have the corrected NSO certified birth cert before Aug 2, 2011 (2 months from now)

thanks and hope to get best responses from the forum!

attyLLL

his legal birth date is the one on the birth certificate.

it will take a court petition to change it. i consider 6 months fast. it may be better that he just adopts the 1978 date.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum