Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

GENDER PROBLIME IN BIRT CERTIFICATE

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GENDER PROBLIME IN BIRT CERTIFICATE Empty GENDER PROBLIME IN BIRT CERTIFICATE Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:34 am

tiempo

Arresto Menor

HI PO TANONG KO KULANG PO ANO PO BA DAPAT KONG SA BIRT CERTIFICATE KO LALAKI AKO TAPOS NKA LAGAY SA BIRT KO AY FEMALE SAN PO BA AKO PWDE LUMAPIT AT MAGKANO ANG MAIGASTOS KO MAHIRAP LANG PO KC KMI GUSTO KU PO SANA KUMUHA NG PASSPORT KAYA LANG MY PROBLIMA AKO SA BIRT GENDER KO MARAMING SALAMT PO RITCHIE KAILANGAN KO PO YUNG TULONG NYO Smile

2GENDER PROBLIME IN BIRT CERTIFICATE Empty Re: GENDER PROBLIME IN BIRT CERTIFICATE Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:25 pm

tiempo

Arresto Menor

tiempo wrote:HI PO TANONG KO KULANG PO ANO PO BA DAPAT KONG SA BIRT CERTIFICATE KO LALAKI AKO TAPOS NKA LAGAY SA BIRT KO AY FEMALE SAN PO BA AKO PWDE LUMAPIT AT MAGKANO ANG MAIGASTOS KO MAHIRAP LANG PO KC KMI GUSTO KU PO SANA KUMUHA NG PASSPORT KAYA LANG MY PROBLIMA AKO SA BIRT GENDER KO MARAMING SALAMT PO RITCHIE KAILANGAN KO PO YUNG TULONG NYO Smile

3GENDER PROBLIME IN BIRT CERTIFICATE Empty Re: GENDER PROBLIME IN BIRT CERTIFICATE Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 pm

jd888

File a petition to the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the record containing the clerical error to be corrected is kept.

RA 9048 allows these corrections:

Correction of clerical or typographical errors in an entry in civil registry documents, except corrections involving the change in sex, age, nationality and status of a person.

Republic Act (RA) 9048 authorizes the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general to correct a clerical or typographical error in an entry and/or change the first name or nickname in the civil register without the need of a judicial order.

The C/MCR and the District/Circuit Registrar (D/CR) are authorized to collect from every petitioner the following rates of filing fees:

One thousand pesos (Php 1,000.00) for the correction of clerical error

RA 9048 amends Articles 376 and 412 of the Civil Code of the Philippines, which prohibit the change of name or surname of a person, or any correction or change of entry in a civil register without judicial order.

http://www.chanrobles.com/

4GENDER PROBLIME IN BIRT CERTIFICATE Empty Re: GENDER PROBLIME IN BIRT CERTIFICATE Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:12 pm

maridonnequinto

Arresto Menor

good day atty,

nakita ko po ito sa census and i copy paste it in here. sa civil registrar ba ng province namin ako magpapaayos ng birth certificate ko o kahit dito nalang sa current municipality na tinitirahan ko ako mag-aayos ng gender ko sa birth certificate ko po. below is the law i've copy from census

Access to the Benefits of Republic Act 10172 and Improving Civil Registration Services to the Urban Poor
Release Date:
Thursday, January 3, 2013
The new law which provides for the administrative correction of errors in gender and the date or month in the birth certificate (Republic Act 10172) took effect on November 22, 2012 after the publication in the newspaper of general circulation.

Upon effectivity of RA 10172, the National Statistics Office (NSO) through the Legal Services Division (LSD) conducted an information drive to inform the people how they can benefit from the said law. They went to reach out the people in the barangay. An information dissemination on RA 10172 was conducted by the NSO Legal Services Division as spearheaded by Atty. Maribeth C. Pilimpinas under her project called “Access of Benefits under RA 10172 and Improving Civil Registration Services for the Urban Poor” (A2B RA 10172). The NSO-LSD team went to barangay 631 at Sta. Mesa, Manila where they offered free legal advice and rendered assistance on how to file the petition for correction of erroneous entries in the birth certificates.

Need ko po sana ang sagot niyo asap atty. Female kasi ang gender ko sa birth certificate ko.

Truly yours,

Maridon L. Nequinto

5GENDER PROBLIME IN BIRT CERTIFICATE Empty Gender Problems on Birth certificate Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:04 am

meganasks

Arresto Menor

Quoted from Section 3 of RA 10172:

The petition and its supporting papers shall be filed in 3 copies to be distributed as follows: first copy to the concerned city or municipal civil registrar, or the consul general; second copy to the Office of the Civil Registrar General and third copy to the petitioner.

I'm not allowed to post a link yet, since I'm just new on this forum, but you can google RA 10172 which says there's no need for judicial action anymore to correct a typo error on gender and date of birth.

I hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum