Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

MY FATHER'S NATIONALITY IS DIFFERENT ON MY BIRTH CERT FROM MY MARRIAGE CERT

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

richmarv10

Arresto Menor

Hello! I was to renew my passport yesterday hoping it would be easy as I am a returning applicant for renewal but they had to postpone my application because the citizenship of my father in my birth certificate is different on my marriage certificate. On my BC (birth certificate), my father's citizenship is Filipino while American on my MC (marriage certificate). They advised me to ask help from the local civil registrar and eventually was advised to seek legal counselling. I would like to ask what documents do I need to ask from my father, what to expect during counsels/hearings, how much will I need to prepare for the facilitation of my papers and how long will the process take? Thank you so much!

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

If your father is former Filipino of course his nationality in your birth certificate will be Filipino and if he just obtained American citizenship later on then his nationality will be different to your marriage certificate! Can't they understand that?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum