Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you study everyday? Teach me please..

+6
redrider0404
pro_reo
aybeebee
ojodelaplata
redpula
pinksoda
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

pinksoda

pinksoda
Arresto Menor

Hi, guys! I am a law student like you. I want to know when is the best time to study everyday and how do you do it? What is the effective way to remember everything even if "kaba" strikes you during recitation. Thanks everyone for the help. Wink

redpula

Prision Correccional

what year are you?, nervousness is part of being a law student, the remedy is to prepare and read, focus on the question and recall what you've read, there is no substitute for that.

Different person has different way of learning, generally students (even us) are categorized into auditory or visual learners; assess yourself which of the two you belong, then create your own system and organize your readings, i.e., if you are more of an auditory student you will effectively learn if you subvocalise and record what you are reading and play it in your most convenient time audio codals will be of great help for such student. If your more of a visual person, then create imagery based on what you've read and write them in a paper, the more colors, bold, vibrant and unique they are, the more you can recall and understand. Try to read Tony Buzan book explaining the usage of the brain, memory and mindmap, it will aid you how to study effectively.

ojodelaplata

Arresto Menor

what time do you wake up, eat and go to school? I guess, that already gives you an answer...

aybeebee

Arresto Menor

In memorizing, say for example requisites, pick a word that stands out from the sentence and take note of that word or its first letter. Same for all the other requisites then try to make a word out of those first letters, or just simply memorize each letter in their order.

You can also associate whatever it is you're trying to remember to something that you'll easily, well, remember.

As for the best time to study. It's really up to you. There are people who study better at night till dawn. While others prefer doing it in the morning.

Whatever your choice of studying habits will be, one thing's for sure though. One reading just isn't enough. So make sure to budget your time properly so you'll have enough to read twice. The second reading might not be as thorough as the first one, but it'll give you a better perspective, helps you understand better, and makes you remember even better.

Also, pray. It surely helps. Smile

pinksoda

pinksoda
Arresto Menor

redpula wrote:what year are you?, nervousness is part of being a law student, the remedy is to prepare and read, focus on the question and recall what you've read, there is no substitute for that.

Different person has different way of learning, generally students (even us) are categorized into auditory or visual learners; assess yourself which of the two you belong, then create your own system and organize your readings, i.e., if you are more of an auditory student you will effectively learn if you subvocalise and record what you are reading and play it in your most convenient time audio codals will be of great help for such student. If your more of a visual person, then create imagery based on what you've read and write them in a paper, the more colors, bold, vibrant and unique they are, the more you can recall and understand. Try to read Tony Buzan book explaining the usage of the brain, memory and mindmap, it will aid you how to study effectively.

Auditory and Visual.. whoa! Surprised I didn't know this. Thanks for sharing. So helpful! Thank you so much! Wink

pinksoda

pinksoda
Arresto Menor

ojodelaplata wrote:what time do you wake up, eat and go to school? I guess, that already gives you an answer...

..and yeah, I think I have a problem in time management. Crying or Very sad Thanks for reminding me about Self-discipline. Smile

pinksoda

pinksoda
Arresto Menor

aybeebee wrote:In memorizing, say for example requisites, pick a word that stands out from the sentence and take note of that word or its first letter. Same for all the other requisites then try to make a word out of those first letters, or just simply memorize each letter in their order.

You can also associate whatever it is you're trying to remember to something that you'll easily, well, remember.

As for the best time to study. It's really up to you. There are people who study better at night till dawn. While others prefer doing it in the morning.

Whatever your choice of studying habits will be, one thing's for sure though. One reading just isn't enough. So make sure to budget your time properly so you'll have enough to read twice. The second reading might not be as thorough as the first one, but it'll give you a better perspective, helps you understand better, and makes you remember even better.

Hi, I have been using the first and second tip you mentioned and it really work! But, sometimes I fail on the last piece of advice you mentioned because I sometimes forget to re-read specially those difficult-to-understand parts of the provision, case, etc.. I have this attitude of skipping that part and move on to the next one..and I admit, it's a form of laziness too. Sad Now, I will keep your advice. You're right, " The second reading might not be as thorough as the first one, but it'll give you (ME) a better perspective, helps you (ME) understand better, and makes you (ME) remember even better" Thank you sooooo much! I was enlightened! Smile

pinksoda

pinksoda
Arresto Menor

pinksoda wrote:
aybeebee wrote:In memorizing, say for example requisites, pick a word that stands out from the sentence and take note of that word or its first letter. Same for all the other requisites then try to make a word out of those first letters, or just simply memorize each letter in their order.

Hi, I have been using the first and second tip you mentioned and it really work! But, sometimes I fail on the last piece of advice you mentioned because I sometimes forget to re-read specially those difficult-to-understand parts of the provision, case, etc.. I have this attitude of skipping that part and move on to the next one..and I admit, it's a form of laziness too. Sad Now, I will keep your advice. You're right, " The second reading might not be as thorough as the first one, but it'll give you (ME) a better perspective, helps you (ME) understand better, and makes you (ME) remember even better" Thank you sooooo much! I was enlightened! Smile

PRAYER.. I agree! True. He (up there) never fail me. Thank you!!! Smile

pro_reo

pro_reo
Arresto Menor

for starters its 4 Rs...read read read read

redrider0404

redrider0404
Prision Correccional

it depends on you, kung kelan mo feel mag-aral at kung kelan ka mas effective.

madammeatty

Arresto Menor

you do not have to study everyday.remember to take some time off.otherwise maloloka ka.
listen to your mind and body kung kelan cla mas ngwowork then utilize that time effectively..

em_maica

Arresto Menor

i woke up at 7 am and just read. mas okay mag-aral sa umaga kaysa sa gabi. Smile

jasperg5

Arresto Menor

Repetition is key to short-term or rote memory. Mas importante pa rin yung long-term memory of course. For purposes of recit mas effective ang repetition maybe 30 times na repetition of a certain provision will do it. Break it down to smaller pieces if mahaba then do the same for the next parts.

Be creative, you'll learn better if you're having fun while doing it.

14How do you study everyday? Teach me please.. Empty How To Excel in Law School Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:10 pm

teenagirl18

teenagirl18
Arresto Menor

Buy the book 'How To Excel in Law School' written by Jim V. Lopez at any Rex Bookstore. Everything is there. He is my professor in LPU-Cavite. I am now in third year College but I think I am ready now in law school because of him.

http://indoro.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum