Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

misspelled middle name: effect on passport

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

simgrin

Arresto Menor

Hello. My middle name is misspelled in such a way that what's supposed to be an "i" was spelled "e".
I'm planning to apply for a passport and so I was wondering if this will create problems later on. Should I just follow my misspelled middle name as indicated on my birth certificate or go ahead with the correct one?

Furthermore, my father's middle name on my birth certificate is misspelled big time. So with both my parents' middle names misspelled on my birth certificate, will this create more problems in the future if say, I'll plan on processing a petition for them later on?

Please help me. Should I just correct my name? If so, how long will it take me to correct both middle names and how much would it cost?

Oh, and I'm not married yet if that helps.

Thank you for being so patient to read all of this.

attyLLL

if it's an obvious typo, i recommend you file a petition at the local civil registrar where your birth certificate was registered to correct it. look up requirements for ra 9048

or, just use the one in the birth certificate.

if your dad's is a completely different name, then it may require a court petition to correct it, but try to include it in the petition as a typo.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

simgrin

Arresto Menor

My father's middle name is supposed to be "Jayloni" but instead it was spelled as "Cayline". Can it be considered as a typo? How long will it take if my petition is approved for my name to be changed?

Thank you for answering my question.

attyLLL

for me, that cannot be considered a clerical error and will require a petition in court.

bhing.jj07@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

hi, im esther po and im working in dubai now for almost two years. ung una ko pong passport di ko po nagamit, pero nung nag-renew po ako iba na po ang passport number kasi mali po ug spelling ng middle name ko it should be Ygana, but in my new passport ang nakalagay po Yagana...pano po ba ito mako-correct? ang new passport ko po ang gamit ko ngayon....please help po di ko po alam ang gagawin ko... thank you po

attyLLL

you can request correction from the dfa

jhenyanah

Arresto Menor

hingi po ako ng advice about certificate of birth ng daughter ko, Reyes po kasi ang surname ko ang kaso po may tampered ung y na g then ang medyo mabasa sa nso birth cert is reges imbis na reyes.. nung college un na po ung dinala ko na surname ang reges, kasi po may nag advice sa akin na much better na sundin na lng ung kung anu nakalagay sa nso.. hanggang sa nag katrabaho na po ako. reges rin ang dinala ko na surname, then nung nagkaanak ako para maipasok ko as dependent ung anak ko sa sss, philhealth and pag-ibig ang ipinalagay ko na surname ko is reges kasi po un na talaga ang gamit ko na apelyedo kasi sinunod ko kung ano ang mabasa sa nso, then nag decide ako kumuha ng passport nagconflict po ung mga documents ko dahil sa surname ko then, nirequire ako ng dfa na kumuha ng Form 102 ( copy of birth from LCR) and Form1-A(certification from LCR) nung lumabas na po ung ni request ko sa LCR REYES po pala tlaga ang surname ko, ang problem ko po ngaun paano ko po ba maicorrect ung middle name ng anak ko from REGES to REYES.. salamat

aspalad

Arresto Menor

Hello, I'd like to seek advise regarding my husband's middle name. On his birth certificate, his middle name and mother's maiden name was entered as Cruz dela, although it should be Dela Cruz. He tried getting a passport but DFA said that he needs to have it corrected since all his supporting documents states Dela Cruz as his middle name. We were told that back then, Cruz dela was accepted as an alternate to Dela Cruz. Can you please help us how we could go about this? Thank you very much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum