Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

declaration of nullity

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1declaration of nullity Empty declaration of nullity Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:51 pm

j.oguis

Arresto Menor

Hi, I would like to seek an legal advice since I am very
confused right now.

I was married on 1994, but my marriage was null & void since
my ex-husband was already married in 1979, I managed to get
a copy of his 2 marriages at NSO and I already had it
authenticated by DFA.

My question is I want to revert my name to my maiden name,
DFA don't want to allowed my request and they requiring me
to have my marriage contract to get annotated.

I read on the internet, post by an attorney that....
if a marriage is void from the very beginning
(void ab initio), there’s no need to file anything in court

Please help me, what do I do?

Thank you.

Regards,

2declaration of nullity Empty Re: declaration of nullity Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:08 pm

attyLLL

are you still a filipino citizen?

i agree that if the marriage is demonstrably void, then the DFA should allow you to revert to your maiden name. I think your remedy would be write to the Secretary of DFA.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3declaration of nullity Empty Re: declaration of nullity Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:09 pm

chanely 73

Arresto Menor

gud pm i hav an american friend married to a filipina 6 years ago two of them always fought ended up having an affair wd another filipina wife even sent him to jail bec she caught him wd his mistress my question now s my friend wants to fight back and get even he filed for nullity bec he was married still wen they got married he bought her lots of properties and now he wants to get them back you think he has a chance in getting back d properties d wife now has a BF And is living in the conjugal home making my friend so much furious.pls help!

4declaration of nullity Empty Re: declaration of nullity Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:29 pm

j.oguis

Arresto Menor

I am still a filipino citizen, I just want my maiden name
back in my passport.

Please can somebody help me, please....

5declaration of nullity Empty Re: declaration of nullity Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:40 pm

attyLLL

chanely, if that's real estate properties, he knew he wasn't allowed to own land, so he won't be able to get anything back.

j., if you are still legally married, you cannot compel the DFA to change your name.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

6declaration of nullity Empty Re: declaration of nullity Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:19 pm

ycartnyl

Arresto Menor

hello po,

thankful po ako dahil natagpuan ko ang site na ito... madami po akong natutunan true real experiences...i have the same problem po....thanks po

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum