Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

EMPLOYING HIS MISTRESS ON OUR COMPANY

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1EMPLOYING HIS MISTRESS ON OUR COMPANY Empty EMPLOYING HIS MISTRESS ON OUR COMPANY Sun May 29, 2011 4:41 pm

THICKFACE

Arresto Menor

Our company are on our fourth year now,i own the 40% and the 60% is owned by my business partner.The problem is he hired his mistress during our first year of operation with a promise that it will not affect to the company operation and he can handle if there is a problem between the two of them.At the beginning there would be some problem created by his mistress on the workplace because of her attitude problem but its manageable and easily resolved,but as days goes by that mistress create more problem such as creating different issue to her coemployee,delaying services to other coemployee with whom she has personal dislike,pretending not informed things to be done and many other problem concerning her work.Another problem is that all employee thinks that my business partner always backing up her mistress when she created problem with her work, co employee,company client and even with me,allour employee are against to that mistress and want that girl to be out of our company Some employee also are telling me that they are thinking of resign of continuos problem and issues that girl has created.I have hardtime thinking on what do to save the company.Now im asking if there would a labor laws concern to eliminate this mistress and also address my business partner that what he do prevent our company to grow.Your view are can really help me to decide.

All employees are disappointed because the mistress is very scandalous. She even "beso" with the original wife. Even her 2 daughters make "mano" to the wife. She also brings her parents to any occasions celebrated by the company. Even in simple family gatherings wherein our other employees are also present.

Thank you in advance

sureshock2000

lawyer

As you said that the mistress was employed by your business partner. I am assuming that she is a legitimate employee of the company. With this, if she is working for the company for morethan six months, she can be classified as a regular employee of your company. Now, infractions as you said were noted, you need to accord her due process under the Labor Code. You need to issue her notice to explain her infraction, this is a mandatory requirement given by the employer to an erring employee. She also have the right to be heard and defend herself in the infraction that she was charged. Afterwhich, if her written explanation and her defenses during the case hearing are unacceptable to you as employer, then you have to issue her a notice of termination.

Now, your partner should be informed about the rudiments of the law. At this juncture, being the majority stockholder, you need to discuss with him about the fate of her mistress, otherwise your business will be at stake...wherein your employees are developing grudges and these will grossly affect their performances detrimental to the operations of your company.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum