Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Manage Out" is this tantamount to constructive dismissal?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

fallen_angel2253

Arresto Menor

Hi!

I need help,I am a working student, Im working in a call center and studies every weekend. For the past 3 years of my employment in this BPO I was given the privilege of having the earliest shift and a fix saturday and sunday off because of my classes. There has been a sudden change of managers and this power tripper manager put me in a shift that will affect my health and studies and will not even bargain my schedule even after offering all kinds of solution and providing the necessary documents.

I told the manager that I just enrolled for this sem and pleaded not to change my schedule even just for the duration of this semester, I even provided documents from school but he insisted that Ill be on a closing shift next week which is impossible because classes start June 4.

He is very much aware that if some of us will be transferred to a closing shift, we will all resign. We were informed lately that the account is not doing good and they need to let go of some people which started almost a month ago.Is this considered as constructive dismissal? What options do I have?

Thank you!

sureshock2000

lawyer

just my thoughts,

in the premise of working and studying, employer gave you the chance to study while you are working with them. this is a previlege given to you.

you may just be assuming that the new manager was power tripping when your schedule was changed. you need to consider as you said the account is not doing good and alot of movement is being done to include the reduction of the workforce assigned in that account. in the event employees are terminated without due process accorded to them then it would be illegal.

Also, reduction of personnel was due to poor financial returns, so inorder to avoid bankruptcy they need to cut down the operating cost in terms of salaries and wages. They would rather do some downsizing scheme than sacrifice the whole business and end up closing it.

In your case, it would be best that you work it out with you Human Resources Department and ask for a reconsideration on the schedule, given that you were already enrolled this semester.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum