Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Case without a Judge

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Case without a Judge Empty Case without a Judge Fri May 27, 2011 4:35 am

Mike90264

Arresto Menor

My fiance from Cebu City and I have filed for a fiance visa so that She can come to America and we can get married, But before we can set an interview date with the embassy, Which must be by August the 3ed, We must have a gender error correction made to her birth certificate. So we filed a case to have it corrected and in February we received or initial hearing date of 5/25/2011 with judge Ingles Regional Trial Court of Cebu City, Branch 58. Upon showing up to court my fiance and lawyer was informed that judge Ingles had been promoted back in March leaving all His cases unfinished. And that we would have to wait for a new one to be appointed. It seems very unprofessional that they did not inform us of this back in March or transfer our case to a new judge. Its been 2 months since he was promoted and still no replacement? How long could this take? And what about all his other cases? Do they just have to sit and wait too? Now they tell us we have to wait and that they have no idea how long it's going to take. Needless to say I'm very disgusted with the whole legal system right now and would appreciate any helpful advice you could give.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

2Case without a Judge Empty Re: Case without a Judge Fri May 27, 2011 1:33 pm

attyLLL

it happens, and there is a grave shortage of judges. you can try to petition for transfer, but it will probably not be allowed.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Case without a Judge Empty Re: Case without a Judge Sat May 28, 2011 12:49 am

Mike90264

Arresto Menor

Thanks you for the reply, Do you think it would do us any good to wright a letter explaining our situation to an alternate judge?

4Case without a Judge Empty Re: Case without a Judge Sat May 28, 2011 11:19 pm

attyLLL

it may be worth it since your case is simple.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum