Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Empty Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Thu May 26, 2011 9:46 am

andrew0830

Arresto Menor

Good day.
I have a debt to a person amounting too 200t+ last Mar 2007.I issued multiple checks to her.Some of it was withdrawn.But some bounced due to lack of funds.Since then I just deposit my payment to her account in installment.I lowered down my debt to 120t until Sept 2010. I lost my job that time until now I have not paid her.I received a subpoena on June 7 for Estafa/BP22.What will I do?Will I be arrested and jailed?Please help.Thank you.

2Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Empty Re: Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Thu May 26, 2011 4:51 pm

attyLLL

why did you incur a debt? were purchasing something? did you get demand letters?

i recommend you focus on preparing your counter affidavit.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Empty Re: Subpoena on Estafa/BP22 Sun May 29, 2011 10:54 am

andrew0830

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your reply.I got debt on purchasing jewelries and I was not able to pay it on time but I tried to pay it in installment basis. I got demand letter last Sept 2010.Since I have no job right now I wasn't able to pay her until the subpoena came.Will I be able to be on jail or what is the best way I can do to prevent from being in jail?

Can I ask for a mediation to pay her to the amount I can on installment basis on the day of the subpoena?
Thank you very much.

4Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Empty Re: Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Tue May 31, 2011 5:41 pm

attyLLL

You don't have to file your counter affidavit on the first hearing, but remember that this is your primary objective. if you can, say that you did not personally receive the demand letter, and that the jewelries were already considered sold so it is just a debt.

simultaneously, you may try to enter into a settlement. it will be better if if you are able to offer a substantial downpayment with the rest as monthly payments.

5Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Empty Re: Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Tue May 31, 2011 6:02 pm

andrew0830

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the reply.If it considered a debt what will be the case will be filed against me?Can I offer a settlement with them in a monthly basis without down payment because I have no work right now?who will decide on the settlement the judge or the complainant?thanks a lot.

6Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Empty Re: Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Tue May 31, 2011 6:21 pm

attyLLL

on settlement, it will be the complainant who will decide whether to accept.

it will be the prosecutor who will decide whether a case should be filed against you.

7Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Empty Re: Subpoena re Estafa/BP 22 Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:38 am

andrew0830

Arresto Menor

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum