Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

claiming damages against real estate developer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

nidhelp

Arresto Menor

my parents bought a townhouse and been living there for almost three years. a year ago they've discovered water leaking from the living room ceiling. on top of that ceiling is the master bedroom's toiet and bath. they later learned that the townhouse beside them has the same problem. the developer sent workers to fix the problem. workers had to remove the bathroom tiles, toilet and even the bath tub. they claimed that the water came from a hole from the bath tub. may parents were unconvinced but gave in to just put everything back because the house was basically unlivable for months because of the repair. came november 2010 they saw water leaking again from the ceiling. it took months again before workers were sent for the repair. this time they said that the water came from a busted pipe. my parents then also complained how come the toilet downstairs was always clogged. they said its always been like that eversince they moved. they always had to use a plunger. after repairing the T/B upstairs they checked the T/B downstairs. they had to dig a hole on the garage since the septic tank was there, they then discovered that there a huge tree stump under their garage. first the developer offered my parents for a lifetime guarantee to treat the house for termites but my parents insisted that they removed the tree. till now the're still trying to figure out how to safely remove it. can my parents claim damages because of the hassle and hazard this matter has caused them? pls advise.

attyLLL

if they do, they can expect all the repair work to stop. they will also have to prove that the damage was due to negligence. they should look at their contract. while slow, it seems that the developer is fulfilling its guarantee so far.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum