Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to change my surname

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I want to change my surname Empty I want to change my surname Sat May 14, 2011 3:57 pm

necrominicon

Arresto Menor

I want to use my mother's surname because my current surname is too long.My question is. . is it possible to do this legally? thanks for the answer in advance ^^

2I want to change my surname Empty Re: I want to change my surname Sat May 14, 2011 6:13 pm

attyLLL

length of the name is not necessarily a good reason to convince the court to allow you to change name. the courts are very strict and you will have to convince them well. here are reasons allowed by the court:

In Republic vs. Hernandez[7], we have recognized inter alia, the following as sufficient grounds to warrant a change of name: (a) when the name is ridiculous, dishonorable or extremely difficult to write or pronounce; (b) when the change is a legal consequence of legitimation or adoption; (c) when the change will avoid confusion; (d) when one has continuously used and been known since childhood by a Filipino name and was unaware of alien parentage; (e) when the change is based on a sincere desire to adopt a Filipino name to erase signs of former alienage, all in good faith and without prejudice to anybody; and (f) when the surname causes embarrassment and there is no showing that the desired change of name was for a fraudulent purpose, or that the change of name would prejudice public interest.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum