Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unreasonable wife

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unreasonable wife Empty Unreasonable wife Wed May 11, 2011 11:38 pm

krusty

Arresto Menor

Dear attorney,

I have a wife, we are married, and have a legitimate child.
Now, my wife went abroad a few months now to work, even though I didnt want her to go. Then last week we had some silly fight over the phone, after that she threatens me for a seperation and to take custody of our 2 year old daughter when she returns. She is always threatening me of this mother's rights when we had a fight, ever since. I fear those words.
I know I can give our child the best parental care, I have higher educational attainment over her, my salary is higher than her's, even her family admits that I take care of our daughter much better.
I never wish to have a broken family, but for the sake of our daughter, I know I should fight her legally, someday if i had to. She is so stubborn and unreasonable, yet I still love her.

Now my question is:
1. Does she have all the rights to take our daughter if she wishes so? What can I do in such event?
2. If I fail now to fix this diplomatically, what preparations should I make, so when the time comes I have a strong case against her?

Need your advice, thank you in advance..

2Unreasonable wife Empty Re: Unreasonable wife Thu May 12, 2011 4:54 pm

attyLLL

you'd be in a legal crouch. there is a maternal preference that no child below 7 can be separated from the mother; worse, deprivation of custody of the mother is a criminal offense under RA 9262.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Unreasonable wife Empty Re: Unreasonable wife Fri May 13, 2011 1:57 pm

krusty

Arresto Menor

That is really sad attorney. But in my case her mother is not here in the Philippines. Do I have all the parental rights when she's not here?

Can I just file an abandonment case against her, someday?

Thanks again for the reply?

4Unreasonable wife Empty Re: Unreasonable wife Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 am

attyLLL

it will apply only if she returns. meanwhile you have sole custody of the child.

yes, you can apply for sole custody one day. but note that a custody decision is never permanent. it can be changed later on.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum