Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

stolen land title

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1stolen land title Empty stolen land title Wed May 11, 2011 1:51 am

care31

Arresto Menor

I recently discovered that my land title, the original copy was stolen. How can I get a new one and how long will the process take place? How much do you think will I spend for the whole process? Can the thief pawn or sell the land title? Thank you for your answer.

2stolen land title Empty stolen Wed May 29, 2013 12:47 am

ela.maldita

Arresto Menor

care31 wrote:I recently discovered that my land title, the original copy was stolen. How can I get a new one and how long will the process take place? How much do you think will I spend for the whole process? Can the thief pawn or sell the land title? Thank you for your answer.

i had same problem as you. Anu po b ang dapat dn gawin?tnx

3stolen land title Empty Re: stolen land title Wed May 29, 2013 1:14 am

irigahauler

Arresto Menor

Applicable law is Sec. 109 of PD 1529, to wit:

Section 109. Notice and replacement of lost duplicate certificate. In case of loss or theft of an owner's duplicate certificate of title, due notice under oath shall be sent by the owner or by someone in his behalf to the Register of Deeds of the province or city where the land lies as soon as the loss or theft is discovered. If a duplicate certificate is lost or destroyed, or cannot be produced by a person applying for the entry of a new certificate to him or for the registration of any instrument, a sworn statement of the fact of such loss or destruction may be filed by the registered owner or other person in interest and registered.

Upon the petition of the registered owner or other person in interest, the court may, after notice and due hearing, direct the issuance of a new duplicate certificate, which shall contain a memorandum of the fact that it is issued in place of the lost duplicate certificate, but shall in all respects be entitled to like faith and credit as the original duplicate, and shall thereafter be regarded as such for all purposes of this decree

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum