Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

INVESTOR = CREDITOR? Please help!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1INVESTOR = CREDITOR? Please help! Empty INVESTOR = CREDITOR? Please help! Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 am

marvinr863

Arresto Menor

1. Is an investor considered a creditor?

I have not subscribed any stock in the corporation but I invested my money at 1.5% interest per month for a term of six months. The corporation through its managing director issued separate "personal checks" for the monthly interest and the principal as evidence of my investment. I was also given a certificate of investment. The corporation religiously paid all the interest so I decided to renew my investment.

2. Am I an investor,or am I a creditor?

3. If the corporation where I invested money subsequently became insolvent, what should I do to protect my interest?

2INVESTOR = CREDITOR? Please help! Empty Re: INVESTOR = CREDITOR? Please help! Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:43 pm

attyLLL

strictly speaking, investor is not a creditor. investor undertakes the risk of the investment failing.

you can file bp 22 cases against the person who issued the checks.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3INVESTOR = CREDITOR? Please help! Empty Re: INVESTOR = CREDITOR? Please help! Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:03 am

marvinr863

Arresto Menor

Thank you Sir!

Sir, I just figured out earlier, the last check issued to me was already in the name of the corporation. In this case, what could be my recourse if the corporation become insolvent?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum