Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

marrying foreigner (need affidavit daw na totoong divorced?)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

problemada

Arresto Menor

hello po... Magpapakasal kami ng kalive-in ko na foreigner. Civil lang sana. We already have affidavit of cohabiting for more than 5yrs at buntis na dn po ako. Every other month sya umuuwi ng pinas dahil every other month work nya abroad. My orig copy kmi ng cert of no impediment from his embassy and also orig copy of his divorce paper from his previous marriage (he is 25yrs divorced na po).. Okay na un documents kaso after nmin pumirma sa MC, ayaw na pirmahan ng judge na ngkasal ksi daw need pa daw ng petition about dun sa divorce ng ka livein ko... Anong petition po kaya ito?.. At saka di po ba hindi ko na kailangan ng cenomar pra pakasal at marriage license kung may affidavit of cohabitation na kami?.. d2 po namin balak manirahan sa pinas. Pero un judge na nagkasal ayaw na pumirma dahil daw kulang pa daw ng petition paper although tapos na magsolemnize. Paano po un?.. 15k na po naibayad namin sa judge pero sbi nya d pa dn sya pprma sa MC namin. Sad ano po bang affidavit un cnasabi nya na kailangan namin dhil dvorce daw un kalivein ko na foreigner?

attyLLL

15k paid to a judge??

who is your husband's first wife? a filipina? it was registered here in the nso also?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

problemada

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:15k paid to a judge??

who is your husband's first wife? a filipina? it was registered here in the nso also?

they are both british and had a divorce 25 years ago..

i spoke with the judge and said that it was the LCR (Local Civil Registry and Clerk of Court who is looking for an affidavit. I dont know what kind of affidavit they are looking for, it wasnt explained to us clearly when we asked. so the judge had our wedding pending because of that affidavit. we wonder why they do not honor the original divorce document from British court with dry seal and also the Certificate of no impediment with blue seal from their embassy.We also provided the Affidavit of cohabitation of more than 5 years.

attyLLL

did you really live together for 5 years? will his passport reflect this?

I don't know what affidavit is being referred to. Ask the judge or clerk of court for a sample. who is supposed to execute it?

Even better, i suggest you restart by applying for a marriage license. With the docs you mentioned, I believe your documents are complete, but still better if you apply for a marriage license so that it will not be questioned.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum