Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Declaration of nullity of marriage vs US Divorce

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

microbes

Arresto Menor

I married in 1999 to a woman who turned out to be married already. We had a child together who is living with me in the US since 2002. My x has been in and out of rehabs for substance abuse.

I was already a US citizen when we got married in 1999. My question is, do I file for a nullity in the Philippines or do I file of a divorce in the US? I think the divorce route might be faster. I am currently in a relationship with someone in Manila who I wish to file a K1 visa for.

Is it possible for me to just file for a divorce in the US even though the marriage in the Philippines was null and void? If not, how long does filing a nullity in the Philippines normally take and cost due to polygamy and bigamy? PLease help!

just read some threads... As a US citizen having lived in teh US for o0ver 20 years, will the Philippine court recognize my petition for nullity or should I really look into filing a divorce in the US?

microbes

Arresto Menor

I actually found out that I can file this in the states so I think I am going to go with that route. Thanx.

attyLLL

file your divorce in the USA then have it reported to the Philippine embassy.

read this thread also:http://www.pinoylawyer.org/t4732-divorced-marriage

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum