Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

usury of interest

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1usury of interest Empty usury of interest Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 am

raindrops0321

Arresto Menor

i have a friend who is faced in a debt she has to pay for her grandma who has mortgaged their house and lot in 2007 for 60,000 pesos. her grandma wasn't able to pay it since then. and now that she is to pay the mortgage, it has ballooned to 420,000 pesos in less than 4 years, explaining that 360,000 is the interest for 3 years+. she said that grandma and the debtor had a written agreement about it. but i also know that, stipulated interest rates are illegal if they are unconscionable and the Court is allowed to temper interest rates when necessary.

what can you advise about this matter?

2usury of interest Empty Re: usury of interest Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:37 am

attyLLL

the rate of interest is valid unless a court declares it unconscionable. she should file a case for reformation or resolution of the contract.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum