Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

transferring land title

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1transferring land title Empty transferring land title Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:11 am

amboAPPEAL

Arresto Menor

What is the process of transferring land title if i bought a parcel of land to a person (only child) but his parents are already dead (there is no will and testament and his parents are still the owner not him) we already paid him. we already have a deed of sale. we are now in the process of filing capital gains tax but a friend says that it would be subject to an estate tax to be accomplished in the bir. what would be the next step and how to process the estate tax and capital gains tax so that the title would already be transferred.thank you so much.really appreciate if you could help me.

2transferring land title Empty Re: transferring land title Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:08 pm

attyLLL

the heir has to settle the estate of his parents by executing an affidavit of adjudication of sole heir. estate taxes have to be paid and a CAR issued by the BIR. only then can your purchase be recognized.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3transferring land title Empty Re: transferring land title Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:19 pm

amboAPPEAL

Arresto Menor

Thank you attyLLL for the reply.

Approximately how long would it take for the heir to settle the estate?and what is a CAR given by the bir?after these what would be the next step?thanks

What would happen if the heir would not settle the estate?because we already paid him.but we already have a deed of sale notarized and signed.thanks

4transferring land title Empty Re: transferring land title Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:39 pm

attyLLL

process takes about 2-3 months. CAR is a like a certificate that all taxes have been paid.

someone has to pay the estate taxes. if he won't you will have to decide whether you will.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum