Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

RECKLESS IMPRUDENCE LEADING TO HOMICIDE

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RECKLESS IMPRUDENCE LEADING TO HOMICIDE Empty RECKLESS IMPRUDENCE LEADING TO HOMICIDE Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:13 am

Jenn225

Arresto Menor

There is a lawsuit filed against my brother for reckless imprudence due to the drowning of 5 students (18 to 19 years of age)that he was in charge of. My brother, a professor, was part of a community service in a northern province that included a group of 40 students. The group wanted to go swimming in the bay to celebrate their despedida. Sadly,an ill fated accident occurred when the tide suddenly swelled and swept 5 of the students, drowning them. My brother is very depressed and we are worried about his fate. He has not been himself since the accident occurred. He also fears for his life since the parents who filed the lawsuit are very angry. We believe he was not negligent because it was an Act of God. The school has provided him with a lawyer but I would like to find out what we can expect. Please advise. Thanks so much.

attyLLL

at what stage are the proceedings?

how long has it been since this happened?

has his lawyer been negligent?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Jenn225

Arresto Menor

Your response is greatly appreciated, Atty. LLL.
The lawsuit was just filed recently and is currently in the Fiscal's Office. The accident occurred almost one year ago. The lawyer provided by the school is handling it and I do not believe he has been negligent. The case is too new and my brother has not been talking much about it nor has he expressed his feelings since the lawsuit was filed. This is the reason why I am doing this on my own to find out what we can expect. My brother has been distraught since the accident. He is not very demonstrative with his emotions so it is hard to tell what he is feeling. He has not been the same and we feel he is still in mourning over what happened last year. We are all sorry that this unfortunate accident happened but we are also worried about him being accused of negligence that led to the death of his beloved students. We do not know what will happen since like I said, my brother has not been talking about the case. Please advise what we can expect so at least we can offer him some positive thoughts. Thanks so much.

attyLLL

the real target here is the school, for damages.

even if your brother is convicted he can apply for probation, and he will never have to go to jail.

nisaR

Arresto Menor

A tricycle driver was electrocuted in my rooftop caused by electrical transmission lines (from a post near our house)while he was lifting a water pipe and accidentally touched the high voltage wires. I financed the burial of the said person but they sue me for reckless imprudence resulting to homicide.Is this right?Can I get out from this mess?Thank you so much for having this corner.

attyLLL

why was he on your rooftop? who owns the wire? is it part of your household?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum