Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can I hire legal assistance to settle my debt?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mree

Arresto Menor

Good afternoon.

Meron po bang legal services for those people na willing na i-settle yung debt nila with a bank?

Here's my situation:
I availed of a personal (cash) loan from PSBank last 2013. The amount granted was Php65k. Hindi ko siya nabayaran at all, meaning kahit isang hulog wala akong nagawa. Yun yung taon na sunod-sunod na yung pagkalugi ng negosyo namin at nawala din sakin yung sasakyan ko nun dahil nga nawalan na kami ng source of income. Fast forward to today, Nasa Php1M na daw ang balance ko. Gusto ko na din i-settle pero ang bank and legal team na tumatawag sakin nanghihingi ng Php660k na payable in 24 months or PHp500k daw na one-time payment.

Naiintindihan ko naman na may interest ang bangko, at mas mataas ang interest sa akin dahil hindi ako nagbayad nang kahit anong amount, pero sa tingin ko hindi naman kayang palaguin ng bangko ang Php65k to Php1M or even Php660k in 5years, para ganun na lang kataas ang pwede ko lang i-settle. I even offered to provide a downpayment and sana 36 months to settle ang balance kung ayaw talaga nila babaan ang hinihingi nilang pera sakin, pero ayaw nila pumayag. Hindi ko naman kaya bayaran yung Php660k in 24 months kahit anong ipilit ko kasi pano naman ang mga living expenses ko.

Gusto ko sana malaman if I can hire a legal representative to do the negotiations for me, or if merong way na makipag negotiate pa ako nang better terms lalo na at willing naman na ako to pay pero sana yung realistic na amount based sa kayang palaguin ng bank na amount sa Php65k in 5 years, at hindi yung puro interest for non-payment. And of course, realistic based sa capacity to pay ko ngayon with all my existing expenses.

Sana may makatulong. Thank you.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

YES, you can hire a lawyer that specializes in contract negotiations so that he can help you in possibly lowering the outstanding debt you have with the bank in question.

Take note that if negotiations fall, you might have to go to court to have the matter decided upon by a judge. Maybe your lawyer can suggest mediation or arbitration as alternate modes of settling your debt with the bank with a mediator/arbitrator acting as the neutral third party.

Good luck.

mree

Arresto Menor

Thank you. Can i still do that even after I placed a downpayment?

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Of course you can. A lawyer who specializes in such can even review the terms and conditions you have in your contract of loan, and recommend the necessary steps to take that will further your cause.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum