Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mother's cc debt

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mother's cc debt Empty Mother's cc debt Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Needabreak

Arresto Menor

A collection agency called regarding my mom's unpaid credit card bill. She is now in a Vegetative State, closed her business and our family is financial drained due to her hospitalization and ongoing medical expenses. Pls give advice on what we should do? Also, will my father will have the responsibility of paying it because he is the spouse or will it be transferred to me as her child? Thank you!

2Mother's cc debt Empty Re: Mother's cc debt Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 pm

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Call the credit card company and tell them your current situation. They may be able to either delay the payment of the debt or restructure it in such a way that you will be able to pay in consonance with your current financial status.

3Mother's cc debt Empty Re: Mother's cc debt Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:19 am

Needabreak

Arresto Menor

Thank you. We actually already informed them but still went to this.

4Mother's cc debt Empty Re: Mother's cc debt Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:12 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

credit card debt will not be transferred to your father or her children. however, in the event that she passes away (god forbid), then the collection agency can come after the inheritance you will get from her since all the conjugal property will be distributed to the living heirs and can also be used to pay off any liabilities of the deceased.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum