Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Falsely Accused

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Falsely Accused Empty Falsely Accused Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:36 am

Chris Dep

Arresto Menor

Hello!
Good day, Lawyers! I have been accused of hitting a person outside the office premises. And the complainant also presented eye witnesses and have sworn written statements to prove his claim with the HR officer. However, i am denying all of the assertions, allegations and false accusations that were made against me. They couldnt present any digital evidences like photos, videos or cctv footages that i really hit the person and to prove his claim. My question is, could this sworn statements of eye witnesses be a heavy evidence against me?

More power and God bless!

Thank you in advance..

2Falsely Accused Empty Re: Falsely Accused Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:24 am

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

It could be used against you. I don't want to judge you, but you have to understand that denial is the weakest of all defenses, especially against positive identification and confirmation from a supposed impartial and disinterested witness, because denials are very easy to fabricate. If denials would be ruled as strong evidence, then nobody would ever be disciplined, as every person can just say "no" and get away with their actions. You can still fight it out, though, if you will be able to present evidence other than your denial (e.g. a witness of your own) which will prove that something else happened and not what was being accused of you. Just make sure that if ever you are disciplined by your employer, your right to due process should be observed. You should be given a reasonable opportunity to explain your side. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/discipline-suspension-termination Otherwise, any penalty imposed upon you could be questioned.

3Falsely Accused Empty Re: Falsely Accused Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:23 pm

Chris Dep

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your advise. I am currently on my 18th day out of the 30th day preventive suspension. My question is, can I automatically go back to work after 30 days if ever I dont get the Notice of Decision from the company? And, what will happen if they will serve the Notice of Decision after 30 days, is it still valid?

Thank you!

Last edited by Chris Dep on Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)

4Falsely Accused Empty Re: Falsely Accused Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:42 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes you can automatically return to work after your 30 days preventive suspension even if you have not received the notice of decision. Also if the notice of decision is served after the 30 days it is valid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum