Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illegitimate child rights

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Illegitimate child rights Empty Illegitimate child rights Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:38 pm

rarazy

Arresto Menor

Hello. I am an illegitimate child. When i was born my mom registered my family name under my biological father. But when i was 8years old she change it to her surname. And now my birth certificate is under my mothers surname. She told me before our Philippine law changed that time and it stated that those women who are not legally married are not allowed to use fathers surname. So she changed my surname under her surname. I have my letter to support how she changed it with witnessses who signed it. She also said she changed it because Philippine change its law that illegitimate children are not allowed to use fathers surname. She also changed it because she said my father did not support me. She also said that its better to use her surname because wherever she may go she can petition me in case she will go abroad.

My father also has another 2 more illegitimate children 1 is bringing his surname another is also the same case as mine under mothers surname.

Now my father is legally married to his wife now. But they have no bioligical children. What they do is they adopted twins a girl and a boy. But according to my father's sister the twins they adopted is they just transferred the name directly to them. So the twins using my fathers surname. ( as i know this is not the legal way of adoption. Since my mom adopted my brother we go through the court hearing till it was a success he is now legally adopted).

Now my question is, as an illegitimate child do we have the rights of what my father's property has? What if the wife will say me and my other illegitimate brother and sister are illegitimate and we dont have rights of my father's property? Us the 3 illegitimate children, do we have equal rights with their adopted twins? How will it be divided wife, twins and 3 illegitimate children?

I want to know because its hurt to see the adopted children are enjoying my fathers possession. Where at my part he never supported me. Before she married his wife he already build his own properties. So it is not conjugal properties right?

Thank you for helping, I really appreciate your advise.

God Bless.

2Illegitimate child rights Empty Re: Illegitimate child rights Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:37 am

attyLLL

answered your PM

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Illegitimate child rights Empty Re: Illegitimate child rights Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

If I understand corect you are grown up now, so it isn't a question of SUPPORT anymore ?

When your father DIE,
legal adopted children get FULL share
and illegitimate children get HALF share. =Half as much as legal children get. Asuming your father have admited in document or it's proven he is the father.
But the spouse get a bit over half of the TOTAL and the kids split the rest.
(If there aren't exceptions made for instance by Testament. Testament made by your father can only change max 1/4 of the total value anyway.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum