Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legitimate Child Who Wants To Use The Mother’s Surname Instead of The Father’s

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UnicaHija

Arresto Menor

Hi. I am of legal age and I haven’t had any contact with my father for more than a decade. I no longer want to use his surname. My surname on my BC is of my mother’s but my father was listed and used an affidavit. They were then married when I was 5 but had a legal separation when I was in high school. I haven’t seen or talked with him for years, he was a very irresponsible father and he was hitting my mother when they were still together. He never gave financial support after the separation. Thus, I want to use my mother’s maiden name instead of his. Do I have the right to choose which surname I’d like to use po?

Thank you for those who will answer po. I’ll really appreciate it because I’ve been wanting to change it for years.

attyLLL

you have to use his surname unless you petition the family court to allow you to do otherwise

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum