Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBI STAFF

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NBI STAFF  Empty NBI STAFF Fri May 04, 2018 1:28 am

justiceleigh

Arresto Menor

Hi with all due respect, I am a concerned and confused citizen of this country letting out my concerns and sharing my experience about a transaction at the NBI in Iloilo together with a friend. We were both fresh grad Nurses applying for NCLEX. We were ought to have our fingerprinting preferably at the NBI if not the Police Station, so we went inside as we politely asked where should we start. We were then directed by an NBI staff to this man who appears to be at the age 50-60. We politely told him that we were directed to have our fingerprinting, then he told us to just wait somewhere his hands pointing towards a seemingly guardhouse beside a gate (approx. 10 meters away from him) while he finishes his agenda.

We waited just a minute or three then he came like hastily in a manner of active approach well directed to our purpose we just answered his question of our purpose. He told us that there should be a fee of 300 PESOS. Of course we told that truth that we don't have enough money because we were not informed. If by law that it should be then we must have been left and just return with a handful 300. But since he said that he petty us it is just okay, jokingly adding something like just not forget him when we'll have a good fortune in the US.

Proceeding to the papers, he gave us time to fill up. We were so delicate writing the info beforehand since the instructions from our agency can greatly lead to denial of our application. It was around 11:40 AM, and the NBI man came back with a plates of a viand and rice. That moment I felt rushing a bit because I thought that it must have been a hassle in his part if he works hungry. We also asked a few questions about the info to be written just to be sure. We trusted him of course, it is the NBI. After awhile finishing the written part, my friend first had the fingerprint. First, he rolled the black ink roller on a rectangular glass then my friend's card was already smudged slightly from him handling it. We were shocked and I asked him if it was just okay, he said it's nothing to worry. He continued, pressing each of my friend's finger on the glass telling her to just relax her hands and he will just press on the paper. My friend abided, yet he continually made smudges everywhere. I thought how risky was that since he was just using one hand to assist her hands without even trying to fix other fingers touching one another. He then signed a paper with his name times three authorizing his accountability. Proceeding to me, as he rolled a new sheet of ink to the glass the back of my fingerprinting card stuck to the edge of the ink so I immediately caught his attention yet he just acted that it was just fine and nothing to panic about.

He did to me just the same, and since I had a smaller chubby hands I had my card so many smudges. One instance was when he should've pressed my left ring finger yet he was about to press my middle finger! Gladly I was paying attention and stopped to tell him it was wrong! I even wonder if without my full vigilance if he had made all of it correctly.

He kept on saying that smudges doesn't matter yet when we sent a picture our cards to our agency they told us to have it again, and so they will spend again for our new packets, killing time an effort.

Can you please help me be enlightened if that should really be, considering he is a NBI staff, must he be really trusted, did he abide the fingerprinting rules. Might we paid him 300 PESOS had he given us a BETTER AND QUALITY service? Might we have stopped to let him eat while he rushes to have it done will it make him more delicate?

Please help me be enlightened of what this process is and that NBI staff must just be on his track continually?

Thank you!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum