Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

HR staff does exempted for OT pay

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HR staff does exempted for OT pay Empty HR staff does exempted for OT pay Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Nicool

Arresto Menor

I just want to know if we are really exempted from overtime pay?pero kasi sabi nila fixed pero pag may absent ka wala ka din naman makukuha na salary, commonly we work more than 8 hours.

2HR staff does exempted for OT pay Empty Re: HR staff does exempted for OT pay Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:39 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

depends if you perform the following functions:
(1)    Their primary duty consists of the management of the establishment in which they are employed or of a department or sub-division thereof.

(2)    They customarily and regularly direct the work of two or more employees therein.

(3)    They have the authority to hire or fire employees of lower rank; or their suggestions and recommendations as to hiring and firing and as to the promotion or any other change of status of other employees, are given particular weight. (Book III, Rule I, Section 2 (b))

(A) The primary duty consists of the performance of work directly related to management policies of their employer;

(B) Customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment; and

(C) (i) Regularly and directly assist a proprietor or a managerial employee whose primary duty consists of the management of the establishment in which he is employed or subdivision thereof; or (ii) execute under general supervision work along specialized or technical lines requiring special training, experience, or knowledge; or (iii) execute, under general supervision, special assignments and tasks; and

(D)    Who do not devote more than 20 percent of their hours worked in a work week to activities which are not directly and closely related to the performance of the work described in paragraphs (A), (B) and (C) above. (Book III, Rule I, Section 2 (c))

If hindi ka nag perform ng (B) dapat may OT ka.

3HR staff does exempted for OT pay Empty Re: HR staff does exempted for OT pay Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:45 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Usually HR is considered part of the Managerial Staff. They are exempted if if they perform the
following duties and responsibilities (stated in DOLE Handbook on Compensation on Premium Pay):
3.1. Primarily perform work directly related to management policies
of their employer;
3.2. Customarily and regularly exercise discretion and
independent judgment;
3.3. (a) Regularly and directly assist a proprietor or managerial
employee in the management of the establishment or
subdivision thereof in which he or she is employed; or (b)
execute, under general supervision, work along specialized or
technical lines requiring special training, experience, or
knowledge; or (c) execute, under general supervision, special
assignments and tasks; and
3.4. Do not devote more than twenty percent (20%) of their hours
worked in a workweek to activities which are not directly and
closely related to the performance of the work described in
paragraphs 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3 above.

Pag sinabi na fix, it means fix amount per month if you worked for the whole month. siempre may deduction yan pag may absences.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum