Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

13th Month Pay - Exempted Employers

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

113th Month Pay - Exempted Employers Empty 13th Month Pay - Exempted Employers Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:02 am

jennyziz12

Arresto Menor

Hi,
I am a resigning employee from a private company and is curious as to if I am eligible to received my 13th month pay.
This year, my stay in the company is from January 1 to November 17.
From what I understand upon reading PD 851 at DOLE webpage, I am eligible for the 13th month pay since I worked for more than one month.
What is bothering me is section E. Exempted Employers section.
Specifically, I want to fully understand E.2:
"2. Employers who are already paying their employees thirteenth- month
pay or more in a calendar year or its equivalent at the time of the
issuance of PD 851;"
I think this will help me be enlightened as to if my employer is required to give me the pay or not.

Thanks in advance!

213th Month Pay - Exempted Employers Empty Re: 13th Month Pay - Exempted Employers Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:11 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes you are entitled to a 13th month pay.

For E2, there are some employees who are being given their 13th month pay equivalent on a daily / monthly basis instead of it being released one time at the end of the year. Unless this is stated in your contract, you should not be bothered by this. (i.e. security guards)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum