Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

possible case against staff

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1possible case against staff Empty possible case against staff Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:54 pm

piysf

Arresto Menor

Hi, I have a problem with people management Sad and my staff is somehow taking advantage of this. As a background, he is tasked to work on the general maintenance of our office and be a messenger. He started 2 years ahead of me and is 5 or 8 years older than I am (irrelevant, i know). And for the longest time..

1. he would often resort to doing what is asked from him just when feels like doing it,
2. he refuse to accept some errands saying "natatakot sya" in the place where he is tasked to go (and would insist to have the janitor do it instead of him)
3. he does not reply to urgent messages even if he has a company issued phone (which he uses more often for his personal calls/texts)
4. he often walks out, raises his voice, or talks back when I have him do something- probably just to end the conversation
5. he confirms first with our manager (the one i report to) whenever I ask him to do something before he does it (he's quite close to the manager)
6. he does not follow office protocol when it comes to accepting messenger errands
7. he talks back to some managers, co-employees, contractors, security personnel (in short, he's plainly mahilig magmagaling and bastos)
..and the list would seriously just go on and on.

anyway, point is- what possible reason can I "charge" against him? I never wrote a single memo for all his shortcomings but his actions are too much. He's like a bully that you just want to get rid off.

thanks!

2possible case against staff Empty Re: possible case against staff Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:09 pm

atty_kristeto_makatao

Arresto Mayor

Item 1,2,3; just be sure to give him letter/memo and ask for his explanation. you don't have to do it yourself, just instruct HR (its their job). tell HR that he messenger violated items 1,2,3 of the labor code. sila na bahala jan.

From Labor Code
----------------------------------------------------
Causes for Termination by the Employer
1.Serious misconduct;
2.Willful disobedience of employer’s lawful orders connected with work;
3.Gross and habitual neglect of duty;
4.Fraud or breach of trust;
5.Commission of a crime or offense against the employer, employer’s family or representative; and
6.Other analogous causes.

3possible case against staff Empty Re: possible case against staff Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:53 am

piysf

Arresto Menor

thank you! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum