Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child custody and termination of parental rights

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mhaezsymei02

Arresto Menor

Hello everyone!
I just want to ask lang po as to what is the best way to terminate a mothers right against custody of a minor children. Parents of the child are not married, the father of the child is a seafarer, and the mother of the child, don't have a decent job to provide the basic needs of the kids and currently the mother is pregnant with other guy. And if the seafarer father is also planning to get married will it also affect his battle against the child custody and termination of parental rights of the kids mother. How long would it take if this will undergo in a legal way. Thanks in advance.

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

The biological father has no right to the custody of his illegitimate child because that properly pertains solely to the mother.

The father should commence a petition for adoption if he wants to raise the status of his illegitimate child to legitimate, where in the same vein he could also ask for the child's custody.

mhaezsymei02

Arresto Menor

oh, how long this process would take? Coz the worry here is that the father is only based here in the Philippines for 2 months

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

A petition for adoption takes more than two months. The father should hire a lawyer where he is based in the Philippines.

mhaezsymei02

Arresto Menor

Roughly how much will it cost?

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

That depends. You should ask the person whom you intend to represent you.

mhaezsymei02

Arresto Menor

Thank you much jadis for the information. I really appreciate it.

8Child custody and termination of parental rights Empty Childrens custody Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Jyle

Arresto Menor

Im an ofw and my busband cheated on me. Sabi nya kukunin nya ung 2 kids namin since wala naman aq para bantyan sila. My children age are 13 and 10. Ano po ang laban ko. Also gusto ko sila idemanda at ipakulong dahil sa panloloko nila. Actually hindi ito 1st time ginawa ng asawa ko he even have a child dun sa dating naging kabit nya pero tinanggap ko pa din sya. I need advise po. Salamat

Jyle

Arresto Menor

Any advise please. Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum