Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Termination of parental authority

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Termination of parental authority Empty Termination of parental authority Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:40 pm

juana_know

Arresto Menor

Hi Pinoylawyer,

Good day! Thank you in advance for helping people in need of legal advice. I am a single mother of a 3 year old girl. I got pregnant Aug 2008 and gave birth May 2009. The father of my daughter did not have any moral, financial, social or any kind of support to my daughter since I got pregnant. In short, we were abandoned. Thank you Lord I was able to survive all of that through the years. He and his family never spent any centavo since the beginning and we never had any communication since then. I continued my pregnancy, being a single mom and worked double time to provide for my daughter’s needs. With the grace of the Lord, I met a man from Miami, Florida who accepted me and my daughter last 2010. He came and visited Philippines twice and we are now on the process of getting a K1 (fiancé visa). For the past months my fiancé is the one providing support to me and my daughter. My daughter is under K2 category and my fiancé would like to adopt her. We will get married within 3 months of our arrival in Fl, now my question is do I need to process a “Termination of Parental Authority” for my daughter’s father here in the Philippines before we migrate so we won’t have a problem in the future? The biological father did not sign my daughter’s birth certificate and the father’s name is filed Unknown. My daughter is using my last name (no middle initial). If in case I need to process this TPA, where can I get one? What are the steps? And how much would it cost? I live in Tarlac and the biological father is in Manila, does this petition needs physical presence or court hearings? As much as possible I don’t want to deal with him anymore and I’m afraid he will ask money just for him to sign. But if it’s really then I don’t have to deal with it. I hope you understand where I’m coming from. My life is like a telenovela, but in real life lots of these scenarios really do exist.

Thanks in advance. God bless you.

2Termination of parental authority Empty Re: Termination of parental authority Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:12 am

attyLLL

under philippine law, he has absolutely no parental authority over your child. since he didn't sign the birth certificate, he isn't even viewed as the father.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Termination of parental authority Empty Re: Termination of parental authority Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:47 am

juana_know

Arresto Menor

thank you so much attyLLL, are you aware with the legalities in Miami, FL? tinatanggap po ba nila ang UNKNOWN sa Phil Birth Certificate ng bata as a prove that the biological father did not acknowledge the child and doesnt have parental authority? di po ba magiging issues un sa adoption ng fiance ko? thanks po in advance attyLLL.. God bless u po.

4Termination of parental authority Empty Re: Termination of parental authority Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:24 pm

attyLLL

it will be better if your fiance consults with a miami lawyer

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum