Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retirement fund if Redundated?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Retirement fund if Redundated? Empty Retirement fund if Redundated? Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:52 pm

marcus-1-0-1-0

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I have been served with a redundancy that will be effective in May 2018 (I'm still in the office now until May). The company will offer a separation pay as part of this.

Part of the company benefit is the retirement fund or the SPF (Staff provident fund) where if you are atleast 3 years in the company, you are entitled to received 50% of the fund during resignation. I have been redundated at 2.7 years (effective May 2018), technically I wont be eligible to get the retirement due to lack of years.

However, I would like to know since the termination is based from the company's discretion (redundancy), am I not entitled to get my retirement fund and round-up the years to 3?

In the computation of the separation pay, the rule is to round-up the years to 3. Our HR says no, it will not be rounded up for the case of the retirement. PLEASE HELP IF THIS IS TRUE!

2Retirement fund if Redundated? Empty Re: Retirement fund if Redundated? Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:33 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes its true. The retirement fund is a company initiated benefit thus it would follow what is in the policy, government has no say in that. the best that you can do is ask them nicely and they might give it to you.

3Retirement fund if Redundated? Empty Re: Retirement fund if Redundated? Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:20 pm

attyLLL

Try to find the text of the policy, but the rounding up is under legally mandated separation pay and would not include a private retirement fund

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum