Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unauthorized Credit Card Cash Advance Transactions

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Im Posible

Arresto Menor

Hi, can anyone help me?

Last Mar.6, my credit card had 5 cash advance transactions. Around 10:20pm, and 10:50pm the bank notified me that I made three 10,000 withdrawals, but I was already asleep that time. So first thing in the morning I called the bank notifying that I didn't make those transactions. When the csr asked for my card number that was the only time I found out that my card was missing. So, I declared it lost and had it blocked. However, the csr informed me that the culprit had already made a total of 36,200 cash advances (1st-5k, 2nd-10k, 3rd-10k, 4th-10k, 5th-1.2k with Php500 charge per trans).

Cutting the story short, I filed a dispute for the whole amount since I didn't do those transactions. However, I believe that at the end of the investigation process, the bank will still demand me to pay the whole amount since it was a cash advance transaction. (Note: I didn't give anyone my PIN nor had my credit card entrusted to anyone) Do I have to pay for it? If yes, do I have to pay the whole amount withdrawn plus the charges? (Note: It is stated in their terms and conditions that all cash advances are presumed to be made by me /not in exact words/; and the maximum allowable cash advance per day is only Php30,000 and per month is Php100,000) If their system didn't have any issues, the culprit shouldn't have withdrawn the 4th transaction-10k which already exceeds the limit after the first three transactions amounting to Php25k.

Please help, I do not know if I can negotiate with them to just pay the 25k since I am certain that they will require me to pay the whole amount since those were cash advances. I really didn't do those transactions so why should I shoulder the whole amount? I don't want to pay any of it since I did not use it. It's just hard to pay that sum in 20 days time. Sad

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Im Posible on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added comment/ spelling)

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

bank investigation usually takes around 90days. but in my honest opinion, you may not get a favorable outcome on your case as the transactions was from your missing card and the culprit was able to guess your correct PIN. as far as the bank is concerned, it was a valid transaction.

you can speak with the bank and see if they can be lenient but sadly, this is very unlikely.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum