Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unpaid Promissory notes

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unpaid Promissory notes Empty Unpaid Promissory notes Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:43 am

ertgh

Arresto Menor

Hello,

I'm in a bad situation. I have invested some funds on Promissory note basis on Boracay with given timeframe and given interest. I haven't received payment at the end of term. I have the Promissory notes with the terms. Is there any way I can enforce the person to pay?

I don't live in the Philippines and I need an Attorney who can help on pro bono basis as I feel the person I mad the deal with might be a scammer who just takes the money and doesn't even have the intention to pay, so there might be other victims.

Right I'm looking for an Attorney who can view my case and can send an email to the other party stating that he has to pay otherwise I take further legal action.

2Unpaid Promissory notes Empty Re: Unpaid Promissory notes Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:02 am

attyLLL

good luck looking for counsel willing to work pro bono

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Unpaid Promissory notes Empty Re: Unpaid Promissory notes Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:31 pm

ertgh

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:good luck looking for counsel willing to work pro bono

It doesn't have to be pro bono. But I may not be able to pay upfront since most of savings went into these deals Sad

I'm happy to pay success fee in case I get some of my funds recovered

4Unpaid Promissory notes Empty Re: Unpaid Promissory notes Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:06 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

It doesn't have to be pro bono. But I may not be able to pay upfront since most of savings went into these deals

good luck to that as well as Lawyers require retainer to be paid before accepting a case.

5Unpaid Promissory notes Empty Re: Unpaid Promissory notes Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:29 pm

ertgh

Arresto Menor

xtianjames wrote:
It doesn't have to be pro bono. But I may not be able to pay upfront since most of savings went into these deals

good luck to that as well as Lawyers require retainer to be paid before accepting a case.

what is Your experience? How much is the retainer?
I have a claim for about $47000.

6Unpaid Promissory notes Empty Received a quote Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:10 pm

ertgh

Arresto Menor

I got a quote from a lawyer for 100k pesos as retainer. Seems too high and unrelastic for me for $47k claim. Any take on this?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum