Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secondment Agreement Ending

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Secondment Agreement Ending Empty Secondment Agreement Ending Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:14 pm

b16sir_stock

Arresto Menor

Here is my current status

Year Seconded : On my 10th year I was seconded to another subsidiary company also in PH from Company A to Company B.

Salary & Benefits : Company B > Company A

Secondment Salary & Benefits : Provided by Company B
- Company A does not settle to Company B
- Company B handles all legal aspect such as BIR, SSS, etc.

Issue : Company A will close down this year.

What is the correct legal application :

1. Company A to pay me retrenchment cost based on Company A salary on my 10th year

2. Company A to pay me retrenchment cost based on current salary with Company B.

3. Continue my tenure until I leave Company so if
Iam now 2nd year with Company B my total tenure is 12 yrs.

Patulong po kung ano ang dapat i-apply sa akin or if meron pa need na iba maliban sa 3 option sa taas?
Need ko din po malaman na kung ano mas ok na option antayin ko muna magshut down is Company A or let them pay me na the retrenchment?

Ty.

2Secondment Agreement Ending Empty Re: Secondment Agreement Ending Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:43 pm

arnoldventura

Reclusion Perpetua

Let me just get this straight: this is not a case of retrenchment, but of closure of business. Now, on to your query. You will have to be paid separation pay (not retrenchment pay) based on your salary in Company A.

Even though Company B is a subsidiary of Company A, legally speaking they are still two separate entities. This also means that after you get separated from Company A (and get paid of your separation pay), your tenure in Company B reverts back to 0 years, because Company B because you are now considered employed for a different employer. Since you are now on your second year with Company B, your total tenure is only 2 years. Try reading this, I hope this helps you understand the implications of corporations having separate personalities. https://www.alburovillanueva.com/business-separate-corporate-personality

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum